The Traitors

Mando and I walk carefully, side by side. I have gained a lot of trust for the man, and I've hardly know him. Mayfeld leads, which could be a potential problem. He says we need to find the control room first.

We first see droids. The crew tell Mando to deal with them, so Mando walks away. At first, we all thought he left, then I saw him walk behind the droids, run, and destroy them. Blaster shots from the droids go everywhere, making everything uncertain. Xi'an starts to yell at him.

"Still have a thing for droids?" She yelled. I roll my eyes. Mayfeld ignores the bickering and continues. We go into the control room, and there is a man.

"I thought there were only droids on this ship." Mando says. Everyone is pointing weapons at each other. This won't end well.

"Everyone, just put your guns and knives down. We can talk this through." I say.

"Shut up! Shut the hell up!" Mayfeld yells at me. I'm startled. The man holds a tracker. Oh no. That'll pinpoint the New Republic straight to us.

A knife sails through the air and kills the man. "Will you all shut up? Geez. Let's go." Xi'an groans. Mayfeld finds the cell, and located it on the computer. We all head there and open it up. Qin, as he introduces himself, is Xi'an 's brother. Before we knew it, Mayfeld pushed Mando into a cell, locked him up, and took me with them.

I try pushing Mayfeld's hand off my arm, no luck. After a while, they all split up. Mayfeld and Qin took me with them. Qin breaks off, and looks for Mando, perfectly fine with leaving his sister on here, as long as he gets out. After several minutes, the lights flash. I can hear faint boots on the ground, which Mayfeld seems to not notice. Behind him is Mando.

"No!" Mayfeld yells. Mando grabs his wrists and pulls him to the cell he was locked in. Inside were Xi'an and Burg. Something crosses my mind, Qin. He's still out there.

•••

Mando and I walk in silence, and see Qin starting to go up the ladder to the Razor Crest.

"You killed the others." Qin says, stepping down.

"They got what they deserved." Mando says. Qin growls.

" You still have a job to do. " he drops his blaster and holds up his hands, waiting to be cuffed. "Isn't that your code? Aren't you a man of honor? Whatever Ran promised, I'll make sure you get more." Mando cuffs him, rather reluctantly, than climbs up. We see Zero, pointing a gun at the Child. Mando shoots the droid, and we all watch as the Child thinks it used it's powers to kill the droid. Adorable.

I lean against the wall, watching Qin. He gave himself up to easily. It's pretty suspicious. I go to Mando.

"Somethings not right." I say softly. He looks up at me, cocking his helmet to the side.

"How so?" He says. The Child snores behind him.

" Qin gave himself up. Just be on your... " I see the Empire's tracking fob. I raise an eyebrow, "You kept it?"

" I had the same suspicions, let's just say it's a gift for giving the job. " he chuckles. My heart skips a beat. I nod. The Child wakes up, and goes to a lever on the console board. I watch as Mando carefully unscrews the little ball handle, and hands it to the Child.

•••

When we get back to the client, Qin and the man hug. Rather reluctantly, Ran tossed Mando a sack of credits.

"Where's everyone else?" He asks.

"No questions asked. That's the policy." Mando says.

"Yup, that's the policy." Mando and I walk back, get in the ship, and leave. Ran turns to Qin, "Kill him."

A much smaller ship starts up, when the two men spot the tracker on Qin's belt.

"What the hell is this?" Qin says. The man growls.

"That bastard..." When all of a sudden, New Republican ships shoot the landing down, along with its occupants.

•••

Mando and I look back, and grin. Don't mess with Mandalorians. We are not only strong, but our thinking minds are strong.

This is the Way

•••

Thank you for reading! In case you guys didn't catch on, Justine's public shaming was during episode 5. I couldn't fit her in very well for episode 5. Hope you all enjoyed reading! Please help me get this #1 in Mandalorian stories! (12/23/19)I'm at #45!!!