The Jedi

“Corvus, this is the place. I’ve detected a beacon.” Din says softly, shaking his head at the nav computer. I’m gonna start the landing cycle. You better get back in your seat.” he looked at the kid who was babbling around on the nav. I laughed and sat him back down, buckling him up.

We all landed in a small clearing, and stepped out of the Razor Crest, a large creature began to low “What did I say about that? This needs to stay in the ship.” He took the small ball from the controls and stuffed it into his pocket.

“Din...nevermind. Look at this place.” I sigh, glancing around.

“Not much to see out here. Never had dealings with a Jedi before.” He looked at me.

“I haven’t either.”

“Let’s head into town. See if we can pick up a lead.”

We walked together, before coming up to a gate of a town, where a guard stood. “State your business.”

“ Been tracking for a few days. Looking for a layover.” Mando crossed his arms.

“Nice armor. You a hunter, then?”

“That’s right.”

“Guild?”

“Last I checked.”

The guard named Lang nodded to a companion, “Open the gate.”

We walked for a few minutes, everyone in the town looked scared and afraid of something. Din walked up to a man. “Pardon me, vendor, have you heard of anyone…”

The man only ran away as fast as he could. 

“Hmm.” I hum, looking around towards an alley.

“You there. I need some information. I’m looking for someone.” He said to a small group in the alley, a man and two kids.

“Okay, bye. Please, do not speak to them, or to any of us.” the man said, as the two kids scattered off.

“Look, I just need to know…”

A guard walks up to us, looking straight at Din, “The Magistrate wants to see you.”

Din nodded and moved to the guard, “Alright.”

I started walking with him, but the guard held out a hand, “The Magistrate doesn’t want to see you. Not yet at least.”

It felt like forever while he talked, and I sighed, tapping my foot lightly on the ground while I paced. A child walked up to me, looking sick and hunger stricken. Very secretly, I took a few credits from my pocket and slipped it into the child’s hands. “This is the Way.” I whisper, winking at the kid.