The Call

A week has passed, and I receive a transmission on my ship. Mando. Why would he be reaching out to me?

"Hey. It's me, the Mandalorian from Sorgan. I need your help. I'm helping this one person I used to work with break someone from prison. I don't trust these people he's assigned to help. Please?"

I click a few buttons and send a transmission to Razor Crest.

"Prison break, huh? Well, I'll be glad to help. Not much to do now anyway. I'll explain when I get there. Untrustworthy people? Let me guess, one's a droid?" I send it off, covering my face pretty well during the transmission.

•••

I land my ship next to the Razor Crest on a hangar. Mando jogs to me,"So what do I call you now? Other the the exiled mandalorian?"

"Justine." I rub my hands up and down my arms. A woman that is purple, with two long tentacles sticking from the back of her head walks up to me. A Twi'lek.

"Who's this?" She hisses, pointing a dagger at me. I grab her wrist, twist it, and hear the dagger clatter to the ground. Mando leans back against his ship. This is what he wants, me to claim dominance. I push her to the ground and point my dagger at her.

"Someone you don't want to mess with. Point another dagger at me and you'll seriously get hurt." I get up and walk over to Mando.

"Why did you get exiled?" Mando asks softly.

"Reasons." We open the hatch and walk in, followed by a droid, the woman, and a man, and another make that looks like the devil. Not lying. He's red and has horns. A Devornian.

"Introductions are in order, yes? I'm Mayfeld." The normal looking man says. "Used to be an Imperial shooter."

"Doesn't say much." Mando shrugs.

"I wasn't a stormtrooper, wiseass.

"I'm Xi'an." the woman hisses. "That's Burg." She points at the Devornian.

"Look! They're tiny!" The devil looking man says, pointing at me and Mando.

"And whose this beautiful lady? A stow away?" Mayfeld says, pointing at me.

"Justine." They look at me, like I'm a little kid. "I'm an ex-Mandalorian, so don't mess with me." They're taken aback, good.

"I've seen her in battle, trust me. She's not someone to mess with." Mando says. I suddenly hear a coo from a locked panel. It opens, and the Child is in there.

"I've never had a thing for pets. But maybe I'll try again, with this little guy." Mayfeld grabs the Child, and pretends to drop him. I can see Mando tense up and ready himself to catch the Child. Zero, the droid, suddenly goes onto a jump, or something, and the ship lurches to a side.

We all fall, including the Child, which Mando grabs and locks back up. I grab onto a handle on the wall, but Xi'an pushes me off it, cackling. I fall back onto the wall parallel to the handle, my back hitting something. I gasp out in pain, but hold myself up. Then the ship stops.

"He didn't even give us the proper countdown!" Xi'an growls. Mando goes to the hatch, and starts to open it.

"Will you come with?" He asks me. I nod my head. He holds his hand out, and I take it. He lowered me down the hatch, and my feet hit the ground. I'm not sure if these people are loyal to us, and if they aren't I'll be ready. Because I'll forever be a Mandalorian.

This is the Way

•••

Thank you for reading! Vote comment and share!
Edited: 03/02/2021