The Child

Din's P.O.V

The bar was ahead of me, on this frozen planet. A Mythrol had a bounty, and the fob said he was in there. My cape flew behind me as the ice crunches under my boots.

As the door opens, everyone's eyes turn to me. I step in, and see the Mythrol being pinned by a couple of thug looking guys. One's drink was spilled. I go to the bar counter and wait.

"Hey Mando, you spilled my drink." One of the thugs was speaking an alien language. I ignore them. He then walks up to me, his face near my helmet. "I said. You. Spilled. My. Drink."

"He says you spilt his drink." The bartender tells me. I ignore him as well. "I got it." He makes another one, and sides it across the counter. Before it reaches the thug, I catch it in my hand. I hit a thug upside the head with the mug, and start hitting the others.

One thug decides to run out the door, so I shoot my blaster at the panel after grappling him towards me. The door shuts, slicing him in half.

Once all the thugs were unconscious, I walk over to the Mythrol.

"Thank you." He says. I watch him hide his credits. "You know what, you can keep my credits. Buy yourself a drink." He pushes then to me.

I throw my bounty puck on the table, which shows a holographic image of the Mythrol.

"Is that a bounty puck?" He chuckles nervously. "Is that me?"

" I can bring you in warm, or, I can bring you in cold. "

•••

We walk through the frozen landscape, to a land speeder hauler.

"We need passage to the dunes." I say. The hauler plays his flute, and a speeder drives up to us. A droid drives it. "No droids."

" I can assure you, this is the best one we have. It is brand ne-" I toss him extra credits. "Right away." He plays the flute, and a broke down speeder with a man driving it pulls up.

We ride through the icy tundra, towards the dunes. As we pay him and leave, I open the hatch. The Mythrol starts yelling, telling me to open the hatch, and get in fast. A large creature emerges right in front of him, so I grab his collar and pull him in.

As we try to fly away, the creature grabs onto my ship. I go to the hatch, hold onto a handle with one hand, and use my Amban rifle on the beast. Out of pain, it lets go.

•••

Could this Mythrol get any more annoying? He keeps going on about some kind of event or something, and leaves to the bathroom. After a while, I go down to him looking at three of my other bounties, frozen in carbon.

"But I guess that's not going to happen this year." He says.

"Nope." I push him into the carbon freezer, and leave to the cockpit.

•••

Greef waits for me, as I enter. I hand him the deactivated fobs.

"Well done Mando!" He hands me Imperial credits.

"These are Imperial Credits." I say.

He scoffs, "So?"

"So in case you haven't noticed, the Empire is gone."