The Fight

"Stay away from the child. Now." He says coldly. I eyeball the kid.

"Get off me and I will." I squirm.

"Why are you here?" Our helmets face towards each other.

"Greef sent me. He said you went ballistic."

His voice gets dark, "You leave me and the Child alone."

"No. I can't. Greef sent me. If I return empty handed-"

"-then you'd put a man and and Child at peace." I can feel his smirk burn through his helmet. As I'm still pinned to the ground, I hear giggling and coos coming from the Child.

"What you don't understand is, this is my job, my life." He processes the words.

"They were going to kill a child. I was all for this job, and this life too. You have to understand that this client works for the Empire."

"Why? Why did you take him?" I ask.

"Because, something in me felt like I was entitled to protect him. Listen, I'm sorry that this could destroy your career, but don't say I didn't warn you." He gets up and pulls me to my feet. "This is the Way."

"This is the Way." I do the unthinkable. I throw my arms around his neck, pushing him to the ground. I grab his blaster, and point it at him, "But I'm not done yet."

•••

Cara Dune. Another fighter, an ex rebel shock trooper, who I met very fast. She heard the grunts and sounds of fighting, so she came in. I pointed my blasters at her, while Mando's was pointed at him. The Child comes to me and coos. How could something so cute, have such a large bounty?

Anyways, I was stuck here. Mando and Cara agreed to help the village against a mob of warlords and an AT-ST. The village asked me to help too, which reluctantly, I agreed. Training farmers was the last thing on my bucket list.

I got stuck helping train with Mando, since most of them were as clueless as a womp rat. We both handed out guns and demonstrated aim, and melee combat while you have a gun. That's just the big criteria. Then we dug deeper with aiming while moving, hitting moving objects, etc.

Then Mando came up to me.

"We may have our hardships, but thanks for helping." He said.

"Mmhmm. Your still my bounty." I try to sound bitter still . I can't tell if it's working or not.

"Okay, well we leave when the sun sets. Be ready. This is the Way." It's obvious we are both accustomed to our motto around other Mandalorians.

"This is the Way." What was I getting myself into?

•••

Thank you all for reading! This chapter is kinda short! I know! I just really needed an update. I hope you enjoy it, and please comment, vote and share!