The Rescue

We boarded the small Imperial vessel, our guns up and glares hard. A pilot grabbed the man we were looking for, as if that would save his life.

“Before you make a mistake, this is Dr. Pershing.”

“We’ve met. Is the kid alive?” Din said, stepping forward. It took my hand to go onto his bicep for him to calm down.

“Yes, he’s on the crew–”

The co-pilot looked at Cara. “Stay back, Dropper.”

The pilot now looked at Din. “Easy, pal. Okay? I’m not with him. We can work something out.”

I roll my eyes. “Drop your weapon. And quit being stupid.”

“Tell your little slut of an ex-mandalorian to shut up.” The pilot glared at me, and I rose an eyebrow, before punching him hard enough, I heard his nose break.

“No. No, you listen to me. This is a top-tier target of the New Republic. This is a clone engineer. And if they find out that he’s dead because of you, you’re gonna wish you never left Alderaan. I saw the tear. You wanna know what else I saw? I saw your planet destroyed. I was on the Death Star.” The co-pilot, however, kept talking.

Cara frowned. “Which one?”

“You think you’re funny? Do you know how many millions were killed on those bases?”

“ Drop your blaster.”

“As the galaxy cheered?"

“Last chance.”

“Destroying your planet was a small price to pay to rid the galaxy of terrorism.” And those were his last words as the Marshal of Nevarro shot him in the head. 

On a neighboring planet, we reached a Catina. Din said someone was here who could help us, but he asked me to stay in the ship. I wasn’t going to leave the ship until I thought he would need me.  And it that moment never came. Mandalorians came in, and that was something I wasn’t prepared for. Din saw the uncomfort in my eyes, and slid his arm around my waist.

“Hey, it’s fine. They aren’t gonna hurt you.”

The lead Mandalorian, Bo-Katan, whom I learned to remember from the time I first met her and her crew. I still hated them. She started speaking. “This is Moff Gideon’s Imperial light cruiser. In the old days, it would carry a crew of several hundred. Now it operates with a tiny fraction of that.”

Pershing laughed, “Your assessment is misleading.”

Cara rolled her eyes and decided to speak also. “Oh, great. An objective opinion.”

I was sick of everything, and knew an argument would stir eventually, so I stood up and walked to the small quarters Din and I shared. Boba knew there was something between us, so he let us share a small room.

Din learned the plan for when we landed on the cruiser  and walked over to our room, sitting beside me. My eyes were closed and I heard the hiss that his helmet was off. I didn’t move or do anything until I felt his lips against my neck, and a soft moan escaped my lips. 

He seemed desperate. Maybe because of the stress that Grogu was gone, and he needed a distraction, or he was ready for making things further with me. Din gently laid me down, sliding his hand up the back of my shirt.

Flashback: The night Grogu was taken, three weeks ago.

Din and I sat silently in our room, and the vibe was uncomfortable. And then, we both looked at each other the same time, and our lips just connected.