Taken

A transmission is what got the crew back together:
My friend, if you are receiving this message, that only means your alive. You might be surprised to hear thia, but I am too. I guess that makes us even. A lot has happened since we last saw each other. Here is my proposition, come back to Nevarro, bring the Child as bait. I will arrange an exchange, and provide loyal Guild members as protection. If you succeed, you can keep the Child, and have your name cleared with the Guild, for a man of honor should not have to live in exile. I await your return with optimism." Greef's voice filled the cockpit at the time. So ,naturally we got the team together.

Mando, Cara, and I, along with the Child, walk into the Ugnaut's land. He invites all inside, and starts a conversation. The planet itself is hot, humid and dry. His hut doesn't help, just makes it more hotter.

"It hasn't grown much." The Ugnaut says. "It was definitely not engineered. To ugly."

"I was curious about that." Mando sits up straighter. 

"You were a Dropper?" The Ugnaut says, pointing at Cara.

"You served?" Cara acknowledges him.

"For the other side, I'm afraid. I bought myself freedom from the work of my hands." We hear footsteps, and a droid enters. Mando and Cara point their blasters at it, so I copy them.

"I have reprogrammed IG-11, lower your blasters." The Ugnaut says.

"That droid was programmed to kill the kid." Mando says bitterly.

"I found him in the wake of your destruction. I brought him back, rewired and reprogrammed him and treated him as my own. He grew a personality as he trained." IG-11 was holding a tea tray.

"Tea?" The droid said, holding out a streaming cup. Cara takes it.

•••

Mando and the Ugnaut go outside to talk, so I wait with Cara.

"I need your help." Mando says, looking down at the Ugnaut.

"I figured as much, why else would you return?"

" I'm going to need someone to watch the kid. "

"I've worked a lifetime of servitude. I can reprogram IG-11 to nursing and care protocols." The Ugnaut offers.

"No. I don't want that droid anywhere near the Child." He says bitterly.

"Do you trust me?"

" From what I can tell, yes. "

"Then you'll trust my work."

" Fine, Ugnaut. " he says a little annoyed.

"I have a name, it's Kuiil." The Ugnaut says, standing up straighter.

"Thank you, Kuiil."

" IG-11 will join me. " he starts to walk away. "So will the blurggs"

Mando looks at the blurggs, "the blurggs?"

" I have Spoken. "

•••

Kuiil feeds the blurggs while Cara, Mando, and I go down to look at weapons in the Razor Crest.