Act 2: The Marshal

"Tatooine? Mando

"Tatooine? Mando... of all places in this junk of a galaxy, why the hell would there be a Mandalorian there?" Justine asks, looking at the holo.

"I have a source who guaranteed his Intel was reliable. Mos Pelgo. Can you meet me at the coordinates I'm sending?" Mando sounded desperate, the coos of the Child behind him made Justine perk up.

"I'll be there. "

Justine walked out of her ship once she landed. Mando was speaking with an older woman who was fawning over the little green child.

"Who are you?" The woman asks, slightly defensive.

The younger woman rose an eyebrow, "I'm Justine. Friend of this tin can over here. " she gestures to Mando, who scoffed with a light chuckle.

"I'm Pelli Motto. Now about Mos Pelgo;" she turned to a holo map.

Justine 's P.O.V

"This is a map of Tatooine before the war. We have Mos Eisley, Mos Espa, and over here, Mos Pelgo." Pelli showed on the map.

"There's nothing there. " Mando replies, sounding a bit irritated.

"Yup. It was wiped out by bandits. Stripped by miners. But it's still there. And they'll notice your big ship before it can even land. "

"You still have that speeder bike?"

"I do. It's a bit rusty, but I still got it. "

Sitting on the back of a small speeder bike was not the form of transportation I was thinking of. The Child was in a sack, his smile huge, while Mando, Din, rode in front, driving.

Since we kissed on Navarro, any kind of sexual or romantic relationship wasn't present. We parted ways after laying low for just a bit.

But that wasn't my biggest concern. The town of Mos Pelgo was visibly gloomy and small. There wasn't much to it. Just two strips of buildings and banthas roaming about.

We walked into a bar, the Child immediately making a bee line over to a vase while we talked to a bartender. Ever since we left the Mandalorian covert, I got my armor and helmet back, but didn't stick to the code if keeping the helmet on. I wasn't in the Creed anymore.

"I'm looking for a Mandalorian. I was told one was here. " Mando says.

"We don't get many visitors round here. Can you describe him?" The bar tender replied. I frown underneath my helmet.

"Someone that looks like me. "

"That'll be our marshal. "

"Your marshal wears Mandalorian armor?"

"You can ask him. " he nodded to the doorway, where a man in Mandalorian armor walked in. It was green with red accents. He ordered a few drinks and took his helmet off.

After both of them threatening each other, because of the unlawful attire of the marshal, the ground began to quake. We adults ran outside and saw a giant move within the sand, before a large creature emerged and devoured a bantha.

"I think we can come to an agreement. " the marshal, who introduced himself as Cobb Vanth, said.

•••

"You're crazy. " I say, taking off my helmet. "You want our help killing that krayt dragon?"

"Like I said, ma'am, I'll give the armor if you help. " Cobb says.

We were sitting at a Tusken raider camp, after talking with a group in a canyon.

"Well, if you dont blow up on them again, maybe this will work. But we need their help no matter what."

"And so be it. "

•••

Convincing the village to help us was a nightmare. They hated the idea of working with the Tuskens. But they did agree to an extent with Din's motivational speech. As we stood at the empty sarlacc pit, we all waited for further information.

I wore a tank top and cargo pants, my blonde hair was pulled up so that while I helped dig pits, it was out of my face.

Din mainly gave out orders, helping with alignments and such.

The next step in our plan was to wake the beast. As I stood by Din, I watched three Tuskens shout into the pit, causing a rumble in the dunes to snap our attention to full extents.

The krayt dragon roared as it moved out, everyone going to their stations. I grabbed a rifle and began shooting at the beast, biting down hard on my lip. It wouldn't go out far enough.

So of course, the two with the jetpacks ran forward and started shooting at it's face. I stayed with everyone else, barking orders while trying to make sure my shots counted.

As we ran out of options, Din held a leashed bantha with explosives straped to it, I watched in horror as the dragon ate both Din and the mammal.

"No!" I yell, attempting to run forward, but the marshal held me back. The dragon roared and Din flew out, blowing up the inside of the beast.

•••

"I'm sorry I didn't have time to explain." Din says to Cobb, taking the armor as it was handed to him.

"Its all fine. But when you give that back, don't tell them I broke it." He gave us a wink and went to go speak with a group of people.

Din harvested a chunk of meat, and we got onto the bike, speeding off.

•••

Back at Pelli's, we all ate and conversed, a weight on my shoulders lifting. After ward, Pelli insisted on showing the Child around again, so Din and I sat in silence.

I heard a click and a small thud while my eyes were shut, and I didn't bother to open them. Then I felt his lips on mine, and that spark of joy and fire lit up in me. I pulled away and blushed. "I missed that."

"Me too." He smiled lightly, kissing my cheek once before slipping his helmet back on. "You're very beautiful."

"Too bad I can't see your handsome face all the time. Stupid helmet."

"This is the Way."

•••

Omg!!!!!!! I am so excited to be writing this book again!

Anyone else stoked for next Friday? Suddenly we all have some great reason to jump on the couch and turn Disney+ on Ftidays.

Happy November!