Preference: When you first meet

For this you will originate from District 7, you can change the district if you want

My mother and I had worked at a repair shop in District 7. However, she was given a promotion and was given a job at District 2.

This was just after my 12th birthday, and I was brought along to the trip. My mother was very thankful because then I could train at an Academy they had in District 2, in case I ever go into the Hunger Games.

I was taught how to use a sword and an axe, a sword was because my mother forged me one, and an axe because my mother had set up targets for me to throw any axes that were leftover. There were people who swapped bent axes with new ones, not knowing they could get theirs repaired for a much cheaper price.

When we got there, my eyes widened in awe. There were so many huge buildings, shops, it all looked amazing in my child mind. We got ourselves settled in and my mom dropped me off at an Academy.

The instructor let me look around the place. There were tons of training equipment, weapons available for one to try and use. Everyone seemed to be really focused into what they were doing.

I noticed a boy maybe a year older than me, a bit muscular, blonde, and with grey eyes take down another boy.

I felt interested and jogged over to where they were. The boy who caught my attention turned to face me.

"You're new here?" He asked, smirking a little. I nodded eagerly.

"You want to try and spar against me?" I grinned, bouncing up and down. "Sure! I don't see why not!"

The other guys started making bets on who would win. I assumed almost all of them were betting on the boy in front of me.

When we started, the blonde sent a punch that was going for my stomach, but I moved out of the way. I then turned to his back and shoved him onto the ground, me on top of him. One thing I didn't realize was that...he had much more strength than me. So he was able to lift me off him and then turned to pin me.

I then used my legs to shove him off me, something that caught him off guard. I took this opportunity to halt his movements by putting my forearm by his neck and halting his arm movements with one of my feet.

But curse me and my light weight, because he was able to lift me up and put me in a headlock. He was really good, I don't think I'll be able to beat him.

"You got me." I grinned, allowing him to let go of me. "That was really fun! Thank you!" I put your arm out to shake, my smile still there.

He looked at my hand and then back at me, shaking his hand with mine. "I'm Cato."

"(Y/N), originally from District 7."  You smiled. He raised his eyebrows in surprise. "You're pretty good for someone from 7. I look forward to seeing you more often."

"In that case, I hope we can be friends!" I smiled cheerfully. His smirk remained. "Definitely."

And that definitely happened. You two instantly clicked in a couple of minutes.