Mentor!Cato x Reader Part 2

You twirled your dagger around, while (C/N) drank a bit of water. It's been day 5 in the arena. Things were going very well.

During the bloodbath, you and your (h/c) haired cousin had immediately tried finding items that you specialized in. There was a trident, but not a machete that you oh-so loved. A few daggers and knives were a fair trade though. The two of you probably eliminated 4 tributes from the arena, and immediately grabbed whatever you could before running off. Yeah, you could've stayed with the careers, but they would've been an issue. Besides, you were able to manipulate them to turn on each other very quickly.

The boy from 1 was very easy to manipulate. You convinced him that the girl from 4 was a major threat, even worse than (G/N). Sure, the Career from 1 was strong, but he was gullible. After that kill, chaos spread through the Career pack like a virus. The only careers left were (G/N), you, and (C/N). You still had to worry about the very strong boy from 11 and the two from 12. Normally those two districts aren't ones to feel troubled with.

Your cousin sat up and helped collect one of the backpacks you two brung. You only needed two, having more than one backpack would just mean any extra weight to toss around. Although you were built to do that, you were always told that it's best to carry as little as you can, or more stuff that's light.

You and (C/N) then kept on going throughout the forest. Although, an announcement had rung across the arena. Maybe the Capitol was bored.

"Attention tributes, attention. Commencing it's sunrise, there will be a feast at the cornucopia. This will be no ordinary feast. Each of you need something. Desperately."

What you needed desperately was a way to get the f*ck out of here. It felt like you were being forced outside and you weren't allowed to do anything. Perhaps a weapon? Some new clothes? The last option you hoped for as your clothes were tarnished, dirtied, and was too baggy for you. It carried extra weight and slowed you down sometimes.

You nodded towards (C/N) and the two of you stopped at a cozy area near the cornucopia. Nighttime had settled and the two of you decided to get some shut eye. You put down your sleeping bags and just laid in them. You stared at the night sky, wondering what you would do when the feast came. Your mind also lingered to a certain someone...

"You're thinking about him, aren't you?" You turned to (C/N) in surprise, knowing he read your thoughts.

"A little."

"Don't worry, when we're out of here, you'll be able to see him again." He smiled, his smile also seemingly to be wicked. You returned the same smile. All you had to do was get rid of the last few tributes and you're all set. After all, President Snow himself said two victors were allowed this year.

-

You woke up to the sun just about to rise. (C/N) and you were both light sleepers, being trained and taught to sleep light incase anything occurred. Now was a perfect time. The two of you picked up your weapons and headed to the cornucopia where the remaining tributes bags were. 2, 4, 5, 11, and 12.

(C/N) ran over to grab both yours and his bag. You noticed the boy from 11 appearing to get his and attempted to attack (C/N). Your cousin was distracted, if the boy got him...

You ran to the cornucopia and grabbed the bag that had 11 on it and threw a knife to the boy, missing an instant death but digging into his shoulder. The boy - who you thought his name was Thresh - turned to you, and ran at you. You nodded to (C/N) before sprinting off, the boy chasing behind you. You're eyes widened, realizing his Ultimate was the Ultimate Runner, meaning he will definitely catch up to you.

Your feet carried you to the lake, turning to face the huge boy who had a sickle at the ready. He swung at you, causing you to move to the side and behind him. He was a huge brute, you weren't sure if you would get seriously injured by attacking now.