Mentor!Cato X Reader

I watched Danganronpa 3 again, and I just thought of a little AU thing.

So everyone now has an Ultimate talent. Cato's is the Ultimate Swordsman (without Peko's personality lmao)

In this case, everyone who is now in the 74th Hunger Games are now an Ultimate.

You will be in District 2, as the Ultimate Soldier.

Katniss and Peeta will not be in this one shot.

Warning, you might be a bit of a Mary Sue by accident- and you'll have a bit of Junko's personality (not her voice if you don't want that part lol)

(G/N) = Guy's name (your district partner)
(C/N) = Cousin's Name (He'll be from District 4)

This might be really long, I might make two parts of this

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

"Compared to (G/N), you're not gonna make it out alive." Your old friend, Cato, the Ultimate Swordsman, just said with no sympathy as the 3 of you sat down at the breakfast table in the District 2 living quarters. Your eye twitched in annoyance. And he knew how?

Cato was your closest friend before he was sent into the 72nd Hunger Games. He was announced as the Ultimate Swordsman before he left. Unfortunately, when he won, it felt as if he distanced himself away from you. Bragging about himself, showing his more arrogant nature. He shoved you away for the crowd's fame. Leaving you alone.

And after multiple attempts - ok not multiple more like months worth of trying to have him notice or talk to you, you've given up. At the time, you and your cousin had both received a letter on being able to join a military group. This group was known as Fenrir, a very skilled military group that trained the best soldiers. You and your cousin both received a tattoo that represented Fenrir on your shoulders: yours on the left, (C/N)'s on the right.

You two both had claimed the titles of being the Ultimate Soldier. You were the best of the best of being a soldier. And you also knew that (C/N) from District 4 had been reaped too. However, Cato had no awareness of your Ultimate title, assuming you were just the simple 'Ultimate Runner.' That however was thanks to your abilities learnt at Fenrir.

You rolled your eyes at Cato. "You don't even know my strengths and you're already suggesting that (G/N) is gonna win."

(G/N) sneered at you. "Well, considering I'm the Ultimate Spear Thrower, my odds are slightly higher, are they not?"
That was his talent: throwing spears. He could throw them so far away with such precision and accuracy, he would be extremely dangerous if the arena decides to throw a few spears into the mix of bounty at the cornucopia.

Although the odds are low for everyone, this year - considering every tribute is an Ultimate - the gamemakers decided to make things interesting and allow two victors. President Snow had announced that during the tribute parade, so your odds are doubled, no, tripled thanks to your Ultimate.

You got up, not wanting to deal with their behaviour. Enobaria led you to the training room where the other tributes were, and you met up with (C/N). He looked like your gender bent, how you weren't twins or even siblings was beyond your imagination.

The mentors of other tributes were also given a seat by the gamemakers, analyzing everyone and their performance. Cato obviously paid attention to (G/N), while you and your cousin went to learn about some plants and survival. You were taught those things during your training, but you felt the need to brush up.

After a bit of time, the two of you decided to sit down near the food table for a quick drink of water. You noticed an ice pick near you and grinned at (C/N). His calm manner didn't falter, only his eyebrows were raised in curiosity. The two of you had such opposite personalities - you a bit more energetic and playful, while (C/N) was more calm.