Reapings (Bad Ending)

Damn, y'all decided to go to the bad ending. Man y'all are a sucker for angsty stuff (or you're just curious lol)

By the way I can't do any sort of angst even if my life depended on it so apologies if it's bad

I do warn there might be extra description of a gory topic so that's just a little warning for those who don't like reading described gore-

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

You were not trained for the Hunger Games. You only knew self defence and how to use a weapon. You weren't rich enough to be trained as a full on 'Career'. Besides, you didn't have the heart to kill someone. You never wanted to.

But right after seeing your own district partner, laying on the ground, sprawled everywhere? You saw every detail of his bones coming out of his skin, the blood pouring onto the ground quicker than you ever seen. He was just killed right in front of you by a trap you made.

You killed someone, and in the worse way possible.

You didn't even want to kill him. He just ran into your trap, not even noticing or hearing your warning. The rock fell onto him and rolled off him, even showing half his skull being missing. You wanted to throw up. Your hand flew to your mouth as tears started to fall down your face.

Everyone watching you back at home were concerned. You were their only hope now on bringing honour. Cato had watched in his house, feeling so horrible how that was your first kill.

Unexpectedly, shocking everyone, you started to laugh. Not like a little giggle, or schoolgirl laugh. No. You were laughing like a maniac. Your body racked with sobs but the only thing that came out was laughter.

You could feel yourself losing your sanity.

Everyone let out large gasps, not expecting you to be joyed you killed someone. Or so they thought. When your laughter died down, you finally mourned for your victim. Crying and screaming, angry, confused, sad, all the emotions were coming at you.

How funny, you were acting like the crazy girl from District 4. What was her name again? Annie?

Your sobs echoed, making the two from 1 show up only moments later. The final tributes remaining. They drew their weapons, knowing once you were dead, they could go home.

Cato's stomach did flips of anxiety. You could make it. He knew you could.

You yourself drew a knife, a smile creeping up on your face once again. You knew what you were. A monster. A killer. You didn't deserve to live. Your mind fogged up with the thoughts of dying and killing the tributes right there. They should die. Just like your district partner.

Only moments after did the male throw his spear at your leg, weakening your movements. You tackled the girl from 1 and immediately decapitated her, letting her head roll down a hill carelessly, her blood spilling onto you and spraying onto the ground. The boy grabbed his spear from your leg, and pinned you to the ground.

As he slammed his spear in your stomach, you shoved your knife into the boy's chest, hearing the familiar squelching sound of the blade impacting him. Whilst feeling the burning, stabbing pain in your stomach. You shoved him off you, knowing he too would be dead. Blood had covered you, the mix of it being from District 1 and yourself. You felt your vision go fuzzy, your eyes begging to be closed and for you to let go.