Different Allies

Third chapter in two days? Lol I have no regrets 😌

Requested by: @lollyyyuu

Plot: Reader is from District 2 along with Cato. She decides to ally with Katniss and Peeta, but Cato doesn't like that.

It's somewhat similar to my oneshot of a Cato x District 2!Reader in my Hunger Games Imagines, so it may follow some of the same concept. I will, however, have it be changed so it's more original.

(Feel free to go read that if you'd like)

Also haha it's long so have fun reading this instead of doing school

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

You stared off into the distance as trees, mountains, and any nature available was blurred off, thanks to how fast the train was going. You being from District 2 have trained your life for this. It was illegal, yes, for what your district and some other districts have been doing. But the Capitol never cared, it added excitement to the games.

You never even wanted to be here. You were just a girl who helped her parents make a living by sharpening swords at the family business. You never volunteered, you were reaped out of random chance.

You heard the train door open to see Cato Hadley - your District partner, and somewhat friend - walk up towards you and sat down on a couch, facing you. You made your body face him.

"So..."

"We're going to pair up with 1." Cato interrupted, getting up and grabbing something to drink. Your eye twitched as you rolled your eyes. Did he not even consider your opinions on that idea?

"But Cato, shouldn't we see who else is available?" You suggested, trying to start conversation (and not get on his bad side). He turned to you and scoffed.

"Seriously? What is somebody from say... 12 going to do to help us?"

"Well you never know, one of them might be useful-"

And that's when Cato ignored you, going into another car. You sighed, turning your attention back to the window. Of course he wouldn't listen. Nobody listened. You weren't really considered special, nobody always talked to you. Clove did, but that was really it. You wished she were here for mental support, you couldn't think straight.

Thinking of Clove gave you a little idea. Getting up, you requested an Avox to place a large box in your room. They complied as you grabbed a few of the sharp knives from the kitchen, passing your mentors and Cato as you went to your room.

Brutus was the first to notice the knives. "Are you going to harm yourself?"

You turned to him in offense. "I'm not depressed, calm down." And turned back to your room.

You sat down at your room and began something that distracted you until diner.

When everyone was getting ready to eat, you still haven't came out of your room. Assuming the worst, Brutus demanded Cato go to check on you. He took a peak in your room and met an unexpected sight.

You were flicking knives at a box.

Carefully holding the handle, you raised your hand, and carefully threw the knife, impaling the box.

Cato rolled his eyes and barged in. "Wash up, we're eating now."

You turned to him. "Mind ever knocking?"

He rolled his eyes, smirking a little. "Not my fault Brutus is so concerned about you."

"You are too if you decided to check on me." You copied his smirk, causing him to lightly chuckle. That's good, you're getting along with him.
But you couldn't think about being close friends, or, hell, even lovers. 'That can't work. So don't think about it.'