Reapings (Good Ending)

Yay, you unlocked the good ending! Note that the reader's personalities will change depending on the ending you decide to read. These are going to be short also, so try and enjoy :')

A certain person requested for part 2, and I couldn't object, I love writing Cato x readers ❤️

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

You removed the knife from your District partner, observing the stab wounds you've inflicted on him. He wasn't even recognizable; his once clear skin and messy hair stabbed into a bloody pulp. He was in your way from getting home. He was your last kill. It wasn't the first kill that bothered you, but definitely the last.

You could only imagine the pain he must've gone through - the light dimming from his eyes, the thought that he would never reach adulthood sunk in. You knew what you've done. And you knew that.

You indirectly killed half the tributes. You were in the Career alliance, so you were responsible for those deaths. You also killed your own fair share of tributes. Most of them were for self defence, or because they threatened you. That doesn't mean you liked killing them. You weren't fully trained to be a Career. You never trained on screaming people.

You lifted your head up and closed your eyes, sucking in a large amount of air, like you just held your breath for years. You won. You finally won. You had to pick off each and every other career and almost died, but you succeeded.

-

The train stopped at your district, people smiling, cheering, it was amazing. You waved back, happy that you were back home. You could feel your chest rise in happiness, a smile creeping up on your face. Your eyes trailed to all the happy faces, realizing a certain boy wasn't at the celebration. Perhaps he wanted to meet you in private.

After a good half an hour, you were taken to your new home in the Victor's Village. You were now neighbours with your mentors, but they were nice people, it could be way worse. Better than being with some of the more arrogant people in District 2.

Only minutes after entering the kitchen of your home, you saw a familiar blonde, his blue eyes locked with yours. A smile grew on his face, yours growing even wider.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of the 74th Hunger Games!" Cato cheered in a joking Capitol accent. You laughed at how silly it was, rolling your eyes sarcastically.

"Oh shut up and come here you." Cato took that as his que and lifted you up, twirling you around across the kitchen, your giggles echoing the room.

He settled you down, his arms wrapped around your waist as he smiled at you. "God I've missed you so much (Y/N)."

You smiled back to him. "I've missed you too." And tenderly kissed him.

-

You woke up, screaming. Another nightmare. This one was of the dead tributes killing you exactly like you killed them. Then resurrecting you and burying you alive. You felt the tears fall down your face as this was the third time this week it's happened. That's why you slept in the guest room. So Cato didn't have to worry.

This repeated for weeks. You could never sleep, the nightmares coming back and haunting you, making you scared of trying to sleep. No prescription helped, and you never dared to tell Cato. You were trying to be strong.

This night, however, Cato burst into the room, his eyes widening as he saw your shaken form. He rushed to you and scooped you into his muscular arms, cradling you. He never seen you like this. Not even before your Reaping. He thought you were perfectly happy this whole time, assuming you somehow got over your past. But that doesn't happen to everyone.

As he murmured sweet nothings into your ear, he brushed his fingers across your back, soothing you. Your sobs started to quiet down and your body stopped shaking. Cato kissed the crown of your head and looked into your (e/c) orbs.

"I thought it was real..." You muttered, your fingers grabbing your boyfriend's shirt. Cato shook his head, continuing to run his fingers down your back and to your messy (h/c) hair.

"It's not real. I'm here, you're home. It's ok...shh..."

Cato felt your body lean onto his more, knowing your eyes were struggling to stay open. He laid you down in the bed, you still gripping onto him as he laid on the plush mattress. He brung the covers over the two of you, letting you listen to his heartbeat to relax. You were still fighting to stay awake.

"Go to sleep, love. I'm staying here with you." Cato told you, making your eyes shut almost immediately. It was the first time you've been able to sleep in a long time. You needed him. He was everything you needed, he was your reason to stay sane.

You loved Cato, not even the games could stop you.

I don't know how the bad ending is gonna go. I didn't know how to end this either but like - I ended it anyway lol

Anyways hope you enjoyed~