Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

            Dinner went okay.  My mom was quiet and didn't say a word. We ate my least favorite, she probably did that on purpose, tuna fish casserole.  I went to go make something else, but my dad shot me the 'sit down right now your mom is not happy' look.  I somehow choked down the casserole then went to my room.  I pulled out my MacBook and logged onto the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts website, the college I was accepted to, and started an email to the dean.  I told him that I would not be going to his school later this month.  I sent the email then closed my computer and started to turn on the TV when my phone rang.

            "Hello?" I answered.

            "Hey Halle. Did you need to talk earlier?"  Thank goodness, it's Niall.

            "Yeah.  So I told my mom and dad about who I was going on tour with, and I could tell something was up.  My mom didn't like the fact it was you guys.  She started freaking out and yelling at me."  I didn't realize I had started crying. "She was like 'call Harry and tell him you're not going!' and I told her no.  She now isn't talking to me and... I just don't know what to do!"  At this point I was sobbing.

            "Don't cry, love.  How does your dad feel about this?"  Niall said. This may sound weird, but his voice is very soothing.  It made me stop crying. Weird, right?

            "He's fine with it. But Mom is convinced you guys are murderers or sexual predators or something.  She's kinda crazy..."

            "I feel horrible.  I wish we could be there to talk to her about this."

            "She wouldn't listen.  Once she makes up her mind, there isn't a way to change it.  I told her I was still going.  Ni, I'm glad you're here.  I need someone to talk to.  I don't think Alyson would understand.  She tries to help, but since she only has one parent, her dad was killed by a drunk driver a little over two years ago, she doesn't have to deal with anything like this.  I'm so confused on what to do.  If I listen to my dad, who's telling me to go, I am disobeying my mom.  Gosh, why is this so freakin' hard?!?!"  I was crying again.

            "Calm down, Halle.  Just do what you think you should do.  No one can change what you love."

            "I love my mom.  And music.  Good Lord, Niall help me!"

            "Your mom will come around.  Trust me," Niall said and I started to smile.

            "Thank you so much.  I gotta go.  See you soon!"

            "Wait, so are you still gonna ask about coming for a visit?"

           "I'll talk to my dad.  I don't have to ask my mom about every little thing anymore.  I'm an adult now."

            "Good thinking, Halle.  Text me tomorrow.  By the way, Louis and Liam said hey."

            "Tell them I said hi. Bye Ni!"  I said then hung up the phone.  I changed into my pajamas and went to bed, even though it was only 7:45.

THE NEXT DAY

            I woke up to my phone buzzing.  Someone texted me.  At 9:33 am. How did I sleep that long? Oh well.  I felt really good and that's all that matters.

            "Halle, we need to talk.  SOS!   -Aly"

            I jumped out of bed and quickly changed into a pair of bright pink jeans and a gray lace top and silver sparkly TOMS.  I went into my bathroom and pulled my hair up into a messy bun on top of my head and threw on some mascara and lip gloss.  I grabbed a bagel and some cream cheese and my keys and headed out towards my car.  I drove as fast as I could to get to Alyson's house.  When I got there, Alyson was crying and pacing back and forth biting her knuckles. 

            "Aly, what's wrong?"

            "I found something out. Get on Twitter and look at Camron's page!"

            "Oh gosh."  I opened her laptop and pulled up her boyfriend's page.

          @CamTanner—> @JesWats ready for the best girlfriend ever to come see me again! Babe, you need to come back from Wisconsin already.  I LOVE YOU JESSIE!

            @JesWats—> @CamTanner I love you too and I'll be home before you know it!  

            I exited Twitter and ran over to Alyson who was crying on the couch.  I enveloped her into a hug and she started sobbing into my shoulder.

            "Aly, I'm so sorry.  Camron was a piece of trash anyways.  You'll find someone waayy better."  My phone started ringing.  Without Alyson moving, I was able to answer my phone.

            "Hello?"

            "Hey Halle, what's up?"

            "Hey Haz. I'm kinda busy right now.  Can I call you later?"

            "Sure," Harry said then I hung up.

            I put down my phone and started rubbing Alyson's back when I came up with a genius idea.

___---___---___---___

sorry for the short chapter.. just wanted to leave a cliffhanger.  I could write this forever though. but cliffhangers are always better!!! Thanks soo much for reading my story.  I'm so proud of myself for getting over 100 reads! I couldn't thank you guys enough!!! for next chapter, I need 150 reads!!! 

-Molly xx

Twitter: @beachdayashton

Tumblr: molly-bethhh.tumblr.com

YouTube: youtube.com/emme9903