Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

            "Oh my Gosh, Halle, I'm so sorry," Alyson comforted.  I called her right after I talked to Harry.  Tears were still streaming from my eyes as I sat Indian style on my bed with Louis and talking to Aly.  "Why did he break up with you?"

            "Taylor."  I leaned into Louis' shoulder while he rubbed small circles on my back.

            "That jerkwad!  I'll kill him!" she said. 

            "No, you can't do that.  Then I'll hate you.  I love him and I'm going to fight to get him back," I told her, regaining a little bit of my strength.

            She laughed.  "Okay, I won't kill him.  I'll just hurt him.  I gotta go, see you soon Halle!"

            "Alright, bye Aly.  I'll call you later," I said and hung up.  I picked myself up and sat back down in Louis' lap.  He wrapped his arms around my waist and I laid my head back into his chest.

            "Louis?" I asked, looking up at his bright blue eyes.

            "Yes?" he said.

            "What's wrong with me?" Another tear fell from my eye.

            "Aw, nothing's wrong with you, Halle.  He's just stupid to leave you for that, that, I'm going to be nice and say witch.  She's just got him at a bad time; when you told him that you wanted space, it left him vulnerable, and she was able to swoop in and take him at his time of weakness.  I'm sure he still loves you as much as you love him," he said, squeezing me harder. 

            "Can't.  Breathe.  Let go!" I squeaked, pulling at his arms.

            "Sorry.  Now go to sleep, I'm sure you're tired," he said, picking me up off him and setting me on my bed.  Louis got up and was about to start climbing down the ladder when I stopped him.

            "Louis?" I asked again.

            "Yeah love?" he said, looking back at me, his head poking up above the side of my bed.

            "Can you sleep with me tonight?  Please," I pleaded, throwing him the puppy face.  "I don't wanna be alone."

            "One second," he sighed, continuing his descent.  I stared at the wall of the still bus, my mind not straying from my thoughts of Harry.  Tears came to my eyes once again, but I wouldn't allow them to spill.  I've done enough crying for my life.  A few minutes later, Louis climbed back up the ladder and laid down next to me.  I snuggled into him and closed my eyes. 

-:-:-:-:-

            "I'M BAAAAACK!" someone slurred from the front of the bus.  I guess Harry's back.  I didn't make a move to get up; just to check the time on my phone.  I pulled it out from underneath my pillow: 2:37 in the morning.  Why is he waking everyone up at almost 3 in the morning?  Oh yeah, I can tell he's drunk.  I heard Louis sigh from behind me.  He tapped my shoulder.

            "I'll be right back.  Let me get him to bed," he said, starting to climb down.  I stayed awake just to listen to them.

            "Hazza, come on, you need to go to bed," Louis said.

            "NO!  I'm not tired at all!  I wanna stay up all night, jump around until we see the sun," he attempted to sing. 

            "No Harry.  Come on, you're going to bed."