Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

HALLE'S POV

            What's happening?  I can't move.  I'm shocked.  Is this really happening?  No, I'm dreaming.  I am gonna pinch myself now.  Nope, I'm awake.  Harry Styles is kissing me.  Without realizing what I was doing, I deepened the kiss.  I close my eyes and pull on his hair.  This is so... Wrong.  I pulled away and leaned back in my chair, breathing deeply.

            "What's wrong?"  Harry asked, his big eyes staring deep into mine.  I was so tempted to lean back in, but I knew it wouldn't be right and Jaden, oh my gosh, Jaden.  He would HATE me if he found out about this.

            "I have a boyfriend," I said bluntly.

            "I know, I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist," He explained, turning off the car.

            "No, actually I don't have a boyfriend," I said, and he gave me a funny look.

            "I have a fiancé."  His mouth fell into an "o" shape and he stared at me, something flooding his eyes.  Was that, anger?

            "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?"  He shouted.

            "I'm sorry," I whispered.

            "SORRY? THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY?"  I bit my lip as a tear flowed from my closed eye.

            "WELL HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOU WERE GOING TO KISS ME?"  I shouted back.

            "BUT, you deepened it," he stated, calming down.  Instead of anger, I saw sadness in his beautiful eyes.  I never noticed how green they were. What was I thinking?  Jaden's eyes are way prettier being the, the, wait, what color were they.  Gosh I'm horrible.

            "I know, but that was a mistake.  I tried to pull away but the initial shock grabbed me and I was intrigued and needed more.  I guess it was because I haven't had a kiss in so long, I just felt like I needed it."

            He sighed and sat back down in his seat, throwing his head back and running his fingers through his hair.  I saw him bite his bottom lip and something roll down his cheek.  Was he crying?  Did I just make Harry Styles cry?  Oh my gosh, what kind of person am I?

            "Harry, I didn't mean to-" I started, turning to face him.

            "Just stop," he said, then opened the door and ran into his house.  Great, now how am I supposed to get home?  I just sat in his car for a few more minutes, nearly sobbing.  I was crying and crying until someone knocked on the car window.  I pulled my head up out of my hands and looked up. 

            "Oh Halle, what happened?"  My blue eyed best friend Louis said, opening the door.  He waved me outside and I crawled out, still crying.

            "Come on, let's go inside," he said, but I shook my head.

            "Why not?" He asked.

            "Harry's in there," I whispered.  Great, he's gonna try to make me talk.

            "Then go to the backyard.  I'll be there in just a minute."  I nodded my head and started to walk to the backyard and he turned to go into the house.  I strolled into the backyard, freezing.  I sat down on their two-seater swing on the back patio and waited for Louis.  He came outside a couple seconds later with a steaming cup of tea, two blankets thrown over his arm, and a box of tissues.  He sat down next me and wrapped his arms and a blanket around my shoulders.  He draped the other blanket on my legs and handed me the cup of tea.  I gave him a small smile and took a sip of the tea.  It was Alyson's favorite.  I started crying even more thinking of how she would react when I told her what happened.  I buried my face in Louis' chest and sobbed.  He "shh"ed me and traced small circles in my back.