Chapter 11

• Dedicated to Hannah Thompson

CHAPTER 11

            Everything was black.  I could hear things going on around me, but I couldn't see them or react to them. 

            "HARRY? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" Liam shouted.  Harry? Harry was trying to kill me.  I did say he was that mad, but I didn't think he would actually try it.  I heard Liam and Harry on the phone with someone, Liam calling 911 and Harry was talking to Louis.  I heard someone burst through the door and run over to me.  I felt hands all over me, on my neck, then my wrist, and he was talking to me.

            "Halle, Halle, please, please answer me!" Louis said, crying.  I felt his tears hit my skin as he tried to shake me awake.  I wanted to get up and tell him that I was fine, but I couldn't, and I wasn't.  "What happened," Louis growled, letting me go.

            "I don't know!" Harry said.  Was he, crying?  Even though he did this to me?

            "Liam, what. Happened." Louis demanded.

            "Harry, being the smart person he is, walked in and gave her vodka, instead of water, and she is allergic to alcohol," Liam said.

            "WHAT?" Harry and Louis shouted at the same time.

            "HARRY! YOU DID THIS TO HER?  I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! YOU ARE GIVING HER THE WORST DAY OF HER LIFE!  HOW COULD YOU?!"  Louis shouted.

            "I SWEAR LOUIS, I DIDN'T KNOW!  DO YOU REALLY THINK I TRIED TO DO THIS TO HER?" Harry screamed back.

            "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?  YOU ALREADY KISSED HER, AND WHEN SHE REJECTED YOU, YOU STARTED FREAKING OUT!  MAYBE YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE!" Louis yelled.

            "I swear Louis; I didn't know she was allergic.  I was trying to give her something to drink and I didn't know it was vodka!  I guess we spiked the water at the party here the other night.   I wanted to help because I care about her," Harry explained in a whisper.

            Louis sighed.  "Oh yeah, but how did you just now remember about the water?  AND DID SOMEONE CALL 911 YET?"

            "Yes, Lou. They are on the way," Liam said.  Just then, I heard sirens coming from outside and the doors burst open.

            "Okay sir, now what happened here?" An unfamiliar voice asked.

            "She drank vodka unknowingly and she is allergic to alcohol," Louis said.  I felt a whole bunch of hands all over me and I was lifted onto something soft.  I was wheeled outside and Louis told them he would ride with me and meet them at the hospital.  On the ride to the hospital, I was being poked by needles, which scared me because I have a deathly fear of needles, and was getting hooked up to a whole bunch of monitors.  Has someone called my mom?  Uh oh.  I can't tell them to, because I am unconscious!  This isn't good.  Maybe Louis or Liam will think of it.  Or maybe Evie, wait, has anyone called Evie?  Crap.  I guess we got to the hospital because I was lifted out and was rolling really fast. 

            "Quick!  Room 101, this patient is in anaphylaxis!"  I heard someone shout.  I felt someone hold my hand between theirs and tell me everything was going to be okay.  I wish I could believe that for sure, Louis.  I was put into a hospital bed, I felt it, and Louis was still next to me, crying. 

            "Sir, I am Dr. Jones, and I am going to have to ask you to leave for a moment," I heard a female voice ask.

            "Can I please stay here?  I am her brother," Louis said, not letting go of my hand.