Chapter 22

CHAPTER 22

*One Week Later: July 30th, 2013*

            This week has been horrible.  Completely horrible.  I don't know how else to describe it.  Harry won't talk to me, and its obvious Liam might have a thing for me, even though he has a girlfriend.  I don't even know how long they've been together, but he can't throw any of that away for me.  I won't let him.  I have not left Louis' side the whole week, and I am still extremely upset.  I've been trying to be nice to Harry, but he keeps giving me the cold shoulder.  I understand he's upset, but I think when someone tries to be nice, you should treat them the same way.  But oh well.  And I'm not going to act like it doesn't bother me, because it does.  Harry knows it.

            "Halle, can you come here please?"  Liam asked from the lounge.  I was sitting on Louis' bunk with him watching Friends on my MacBook. 

            "Yeah, one second," I said.  "Louis, I'll be right back.  You can play the show; I've seen this one enough."

            He nodded and I stood up and walked to the lounge where Liam was.  I walked in and he was standing in the middle of the room with his phone in his hand.

            "Whaddup?" I asked, plopping myself on the couch.  He literally bounced over and sat next to me; a huge smile creeping across his face.  I gave him a weird look.  "What?" I chuckled and he opened his phone and showed me a picture.  It was a girl I didn't know.  She had dark hair and brown eyes.  She had side bangs that covered a little of her heart-shaped face.  I looked at him confused and he started to explain.

            "This, Halle, is Kate Hyland.  She's a really sweet girl I met at Starbucks last week.  I've talked to her a LOT since then, and I've come to a conclusion," he smiled.  I motioned for him to continue.  "She would be perfect for Lou!" he whispered.  My eyes widened. 

            "Oh Liam, uh, I don't know," I said, sitting on the couch Indian style.  He did the same and stared into my eyes. 

            "Do you want to talk to her?  I can call her," he said, pointing to his phone with a hopeful look on his face.  I just chuckled.

            "Nah, but I want her number.  I'm gonna talk to her," I told him, narrowing my eyes.  Liam nodded and pulled up her number while I whipped my phone out of the pocket of my white shorts that matched my purple One Direction top very well.  He handed me his phone and I put her number in my phone.  I handed Liam his phone and sent Kate a quick text.

            HALLE

            "Hey Kate, I'm Halle, the boy's guitarist.  Liam gave me your number.  I'm going to be talking to you a lot, so be ready :)"

            I pressed send and put my phone back in my pocket.  "So, what all do you know about her?"  I asked Liam, watching him play on his phone.

            "Well, she's 18 is about to start her first year of Uni in London, but she's in America visiting family for the summer.  Her mom has cancer and her father was paralyzed from the neck down in an accident a couple of years ago.  She has 5 younger siblings; 3 brothers and 2 sisters.  Kate is their main caregiver; her mom is in the hospital, and her dad, well, yeah.  Her youngest sister is 8 months old and her oldest brother is 14 years.  She'll be back in London before school starts.  She has been a fan for a while, as she actually saw us live when we were on the X-Factor.  I can't wait for you to talk to her; you're gonna love her," he explained.  I smiled, nodded, and got up to go back to Louis.