Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

JADEN'S POV

            I was kissing Halle.  I just realized how much I actually miss her.  Harry told me something interesting out there.  He said he wouldn't let me near her because she kissed him.  That killed me on the inside, but I put on a brave face to see if she would fess up.  This was all part of my plan.  I pulled away from her and looked her in the eyes.  There was something in them; sadness, pain.

            "You know why I'm in here, right?" Halle asked, taking a sip of water.

            "No," I said.

            "That jerkwad Harry gave me vodka when I was having a asthma attack," she said, motioning out the window where Harry was standing.

            "Oh.  Why were you having an asthma attack?"  I asked.  Something flashed across her face and I recognized it instantly: panic.

            "Oh, no reason.  Now can you give me a minute, my head hurts," she said, then laid her head down.  That was such a lie.  I nodded and walked out anyway.  As soon as I got out there, Louis stood up to go see her, but I told him she had a headache.

            "Just let me go see her for a second.  I'll be right out," he said and pushed passed me into Halle's room.  Whatever.

LOUIS' POV

            "Hey Halle, can I talk to you for just a second?"  I asked, slipping past her boyfriend outside and closing the door.  She nodded her head and scooted over, patting the bed, signaling for me to sit next to her.  "So you talked to Jaden," I started and she nodded.  "What did you talk about?"

            "Nothing much, just how I got in here," she said.  Her beautiful brown eyes shown into mine and she shrugged. 

            "So you told him about the ring," I said, and panic splashed on her face as she shook her head.  I didn't know what else to do, so I just kind of stared at her for a minute.  "You know you have to tell him at some point, right?"

            "Yeah, I know, I just, I'm so stressed right now.  That's what caused my asthma attack, was stress and anxiety," she said, throwing her head back. 

            "What did you tell Jaden to get him out of here?" I said.

            "I told him I had a headache. I hope he didn't go tell the doctor, 'cause it's not true, I just didn't want to talk to him right now.  You and Niall or Zayn or Liam are the only ones I can see right now," she said looking at me with huge puppy-dog eyes.  I gently smiled and patted her hand. 

            "I'll be right back, okay?" I said, and she nodded and smiled back, squeezing my hand.  I walked out of her room and sat down in the waiting room.  "So Jaden, where are you staying and how long are you going to be staying there?" I asked her boyfriend, who was sitting across the room from me, Harry, Liam, Niall, and Zayn.  I don't think any of us like him.  I know I don't, and none of the boys, especially Harry, are being exceptionally "nice" to him.

            "Um, the Hampton down the road and I'll be here about a week," he said.  A week? With this guy?  No thank you.  I just won't let him come around my house, and I know Harry will feel the same way.  A nurse walked into Halle's room while we were sitting there in silence, all engrossed in our own thoughts.  Is Halle ever going to tell Jaden about the kiss?  Did Harry already tell him?  Goodness, there is so much tension in the room you can feel it.