Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16

            I walked in to see Louis hovering over Jaden who was sitting on the edge of my bed.  Jaden looked angry, and he was holding a magazine.  He looked at me and I didn't get what I expected.

            "WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?" Jaden screamed and my eyes grew wide.  He's never talked to me like this.  Tears started to form in my eyes and Louis ran over to me. 

            "What is what?" I asked, trying to keep calm.

            "This," he said, then walked over and threw the magazine in my face.  I was able to catch it after it smacked me and I looked at the front cover.  Oh my Gosh.  It was a picture of Harry and I in front of the mall when I was holding his hand and pulling him into Journeys.  How did they get this?  I didn't see any paparazzi, but maybe I was wrong.  The headline said: "Is Harry Dating the Taken Guitar Girl?"  My jaw dropped and my breathing got unsteady.

            "Now, I'll ask again, WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?" Jaden shouted.

            "JADEN!  Stop screaming at her!"  Louis said putting his arm around my shoulder.

            "Let. Go of her." He said through clenched teeth.

            "Make me," Louis retaliated.  And with that, Jaden threw his fist in the air as it made contact with Louis' jaw.

            "Oh my Gosh! JADEN STOP!" I shouted.  "HARRY, COME HERE!"

            "Oh no, I don't want him anywhere near you," Jaden said, coming towards me.  I looked over at Louis who was cradling his cheek in his hand and there was blood coming down. 

            "Louis, go to the bathroom, I'll be in there in just a second," I said and he nodded and walked away towards the bathroom and Harry came in at the same time. 

            "What just happened?" He asked when he came up to me.  "Oh," he said and glared daggers at Jaden.  I was scared, if he could do that to Louis for being a friend, what is he going to do to Harry?

            "Jaden, please leave.  You are not welcome if you are going to hurt my best friends," I said, pointing to the door, probably sounding a lot stronger than I felt. 

            "But you love me," he smirked.

            "Just go, before I call Paul."

            "Whatever," he mumbled then grabbed the magazine and walked out.  As soon as he was gone, I grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him into the bathroom where Louis was sitting on the toilet with a washcloth held up to his cheek.  I let go of Harry and ran over to him. 

            "Louis, I'm so so so so so sorry!  Are you okay?"  I ask, putting my hand in his.

            "I'm fine, and it's not your fault, I was being stupid and way too protective," he gently smiled and squeezed my hand.

            "Does it hurt?" Harry asked from behind me.

            "Not really, it's just bleeding really badly," he said. 

            "Gosh, I feel like this is all my fault," I said standing up.

            "It's not, I'm going to be fine after it quits bleeding.  I guess he had a ring or something on and it cut me."

            "Yeah, he's always wearing his purity ring his dad gave him for his 16th birthday," I stated.  "I didn't know it could do this much damage," I chuckled.