Chapter 29: The End

CHAPTER 29

           "Halle, wake up," a male voice said, shaking me.

            "What?" I groaned, opening my eyes to face the bright light.

            "Do you want to go home?" he asked, smiling.  I rubbed my eyes and looked at my best friend smiling above me.

            "Yes!  Come on, let's go right now.  I want out of this place," I said, trying to sit up, and failing again.

            He laughed, "calm down, someone needs to help you get in the wheelchair."  I huffed and a nurse rolled a wheelchair into the room.  Louis grabbed my unbroken hand to support one side of me and Niall supported my other side to get me in the chair.  Gosh I hope I don't have to be in this thing for long. 

            "Wait, doesn't my mom need to be here?" I asked after getting as comfortable as I could in the chair that I'll be living in for the next three weeks.

            "She told us to bring you home.  I don't know what her deal is, but she's been acting very weird today since she came earlier," Niall said, grabbing all of my things out of the room while a nurse wheeled me into the bathroom so I could change into my own clothes.  With a little bit of assistance from the nurse, I changed into a white tank top and black yoga pants and got ready to leave the hospital.  When I emerged from the bathroom with the nurse behind me, I smiled at the two band members in my room.

            "Can we just go already?" I asked, and they nodded and Louis wheeled me out.  When we made it down to the car Louis had rented from the airport, he and Niall helped get me in the car.  I got very comfortable in the large leather-seated Tahoe, with my foot propped up on top of several pillows in the aisle.  I was seated in the last of three rows, and since there was only two seats in the middle row, there was room to stack the pillows to elevate my broken limb.  Louis packed up the wheelchair and loaded it into the trunk, then he and Niall climbed into the car.

            "Halle, keep in mind I'm not used to driving American cars on the wrong side of the road, but I'll do my best," Louis said, starting up the car and scaring me.

            "Louis, if you can't do this, I'm sure there's someone in Boston we can pay to chauffeur us around," I told him worriedly.

            "I think I can handle it.  I mean, went back and forth from your house and the hospital several times in the past few days," he explained and I shrugged.

            "Hey Lou, can you turn on the radio?" I asked.  He leaned forward and clicked a button, making Counting Stars by OneRepublic blast through the speakers of the car. 

            "Niall, do you have my phone?" I asked as we pulled out of the hospital parking lot.

            "Well someone's needy," he mumbled, reaching in his pocket to get my phone.  He sat in the middle section just in case I needed anything, like I do now.  I leaned forward and took my phone from him, instantly unlocking it and texting Harry.

            HALLE

            "I don't know if your flight has landed yet, but I just wanted to tell you I'm on my way home from the hospital.  The nurses said there is no doubt that I won't be able to go on tour for the first probably three weeks that it starts, unless I'm finished with physical therapy that I'll have to take at least six weeks of.  I'll be in the wheelchair for three weeks, then I start PT as well as I'll get on crutches at that point.  Yay me.  I love you and I want you to call me when you can <3"