Woods

Tw: swearing

It was night. Cold. Dark. The only light source was the stars shimmering it the sky along with a lantern placed outside the caravan. Y/n lied restless in her cot listening to the other boys sleep and snore as well as some movement from Wilbur's cot. Wilbur was like a brother to her, she couldn't imagine what he might be going through due to the events leading to the war. 3 days. Only 3 days left until the war. Y/n was confident in winning. She always had an optimistic side to her, only this time it shown the most.

After tossing and turning restlessly in her bed she got up. Although she wasnt aloud to leave the lmanburg walls she couldn't help it. Shes only done it twice though because she has a fear of Wil finding her wandering out I'm the middle of the night. She was also deeply terrified of the dream team. She had never seen them because of being forbidden away outside the walls.

------

Y/N POV:

I opened the Lmanburg gate as quietly as I could, trying not to make any sound out of it. I prayed it wouldn't make that horrifying creaking noise this time. I opened it very slowly, only enough to fit my tiny body through. To my surprise it didnt make a sound. I hadn't even realised that I was holding my breathe due to being scared.

The dewy grass made my shoes wet as I walked along the walls. I made it to the woods. I didnt like the woods but it was my only escape to empty my thoughts. I travelled through the woods until I made it to a far lake. Without hesitation I dipped my toes in, letting myself relax. It was ice cold but I've gotten used to the feeling. I would spot a couple salmon here and there but I didnt mind them getting close because they would always swim off. I stayed at the lake for a while overthinking about the war with thoughts like: "what if we lose lmanburg?", "what if my friends get hurt?" , "what if we all get killed?". I didnt let them bother me too much because I am very confident it winning. It only bothered me because of Wilbur. I was worried about him, about what he thought, and him telling me that the dream team were very intimidating. And with me being a tiny person compared to everyone I'm very terrified of what encounters are yet to come.

Soon enough I got up from my spot and put my shoes back on and left the moon shimmering lake. It was a peaceful visit and I will probably come back later in the day now that it was midnight. I was walking through the deep and dark forest looking at my feet so I wouldn't step on anything that would cause me to trip. Although I am a decent fighter, I am still very clumsy. I was walking past more trees when i heard the sound of leaves crunching, probably under an animals feet. So I ignored it when it stopped. Then I heard the crunching again. And again. And again. Ok now I'm worried. I quickly shuffled to a nearby tree. Now I could hear voices. "Shit." I cursed under my breath only to myself. My thoughts running different scenarios in my head: "this is it. This is how you die, and it's all your fault dumbass."
I had no time to insult myself, especially when I'm probably about to be murdered. I was breathing heavily when the voices got closer. I heard someone say in a monotone voice. "We can hear you." Then another voice that was soft and had a slight British accent. "Show yourself and you wont get hurt." Of course I didn't move. I'm not ready to have an encounter with the dream team. Then I heard another different voice. It was smooth but kind of rhaspy. "Lets split up so we can find her easier." I'm assuming they agreed because I heard walking. My breathing stopped. I was covering my mouth with my hand to make sure no noise could come out of my mouth. The steps got quite and muffled. That's when I looked behind the tree i was standing at to make sure no one was there. I didnt see any figures, so I was just going to brush it off and walk home. As I turned back to wal away my heart sank. It was a masked man wearing a green jacket with his hood on. His dirty blinde almost brown hair was poking out above the mask. My heart was beating rapidly.

"Well hello there." He said in almost a whisper.

Well shit.

A/N : this is chapter one. I hope your enjoying this book so far even though there is only one chapter. This is my first book so let me no what you think of it. I dont expect people to read this bit if you are then heyyy. Remember you are worth it. And remember to eat and stay hydrated. :)

Words: 859

-dumbxxash