Only escapes

I walked through the halls like a lost dog trying to navigate my way through this house. The lighting outside is still dim, causing the only light source to be the lanterns hanging from the ceiling. I tried to be as quiet as I could by taking small steps and hiding in rooms if I thought I heard someone. I found myself at a stair case going down and walked as slowly as possible just in case the wood made noises. I managed to walk down the stairs with no problem at all. I was halfway through the next hallway when I heard loud footsteps. I found the nearest room and made my way inside not looking in the room when I entered. I sighed in relief and talked to myself. "That was close." And I held my hand to my chest to calm myself down. "Going anywhere?" I heard Dream say. "Shit." I cursed loudly and left the room quickly as I seen him plunge towards me. I closed the door in his face and ran. Turns out the foot steps I thought I heard wasnt even on this floor of the house. I ran back upstairs with Dream on my tail and entered a different room. It didnt have a lock but it had a closet. I made my way to the large closet and fit my way in. I was barely breathing when I heard his steps getting close to the room. My hand was slapped across my mouth to shut my heavy breathing up. He was getting closer to the room, and in less that ten seconds the door to the room I was in swung open. At this point I wasnt breathing. Everytime I get close to escaping I get caught. I tried moving to see exactly where he was in the room, I cause a clothes hanger to fall in the process. My eyes closed forcefully from cringing at the sound. If this isn't what killed me I dont know what is. It went silent. I didn't hear anyone moving so I gasped for air after not being able to properly breath for almost 2 minutes. The closet door swung open, revealing me to Dream. He grabbed me by the neck of my shirt and pulled me towards him. "What do you think you're doing?" I stayed silent.  "Huh? You realize I could kill you right now." He said loudly. "Then do it." I replied. "W-what?" He trembled at my response. "Just kill me right now if you really want to." I yelled. He stayed silent. His mask was still covering his face. Without another word said he picked me up bridal style up to the room I escaped,  I tried forcing his hands off of me to put me down. He didnt let go, intead he put me down in front of the door and basically shoved me in the room while locking the door behind him. He didnt want to kill me. Why? Why didnt he just do it?

I woke up from a nap to george walking in with a dinner tray. It was cooked mutton with some carrots on the side. It didnt look the best but to early to judge. He left the room after giving me the food tray. I took a bite of the mutton. It wasn't bad, just wasnt that good either. I ended up skipping the meal due to the fact that my mind was still focused on trying to figure out why Dream didnt kill me. If he wanted to do it so bad why didnt he just do it. Anywhere else but here is better. I sat at the window again watching the stars appear in the night sky. It was still raining. The loud thuds of rain hitting the window was very calming. I walked over to the bed and lied there on my side. I was still overthinking everything.  Why did Eret betray us? Why is George being nice to me? And why does Dream want me here so bad? I guess there's just answers we wont get to some questions we ask ourselves.

A/n: this chapter was honestly thrown together. I had one hour of sleep and had school today. I'm very sleepy and I wanted to put a chapter out today. Also why is my sister so invested in this book. She voted one of my chapters. Anyways good morning or good night I'm very sleepy.

Words: 752

-dumbxxash