8

Walking not the great hall was something that Olivia wanted to replay over, and over again. All the children young and old, smiles on their faces like it was their first time too. The roof of the hall bewitched to look like the sky outside. And just the magical feeling that you got when you walked into the room itself.

Olivia was smiling like and idiot, while the old patched hat sang a song on its stool.  Smiling like and idiot while the headmaster said a few last words before the sorting,most of all smiling,like an idiot when she looked around the hall for a certain group of people and saw a redhead staring right back at her.

Turning back to where all the first years were going up to be sorted, Olivia wondered how she was to be sorted. Was she to be before the rest of the first years or after? Either way she would be the center of attention, and she didn't know what to think of that.

Olivia loved attention, but not all types. She would love to be known for a lot of things,and she would do anything if you said, "no balls." It was just her. There were things she was just not comfortable with, like when all eyes are on you when you walk in front of hundreds of people. Make the tiniest mistake and people will judge you quicker than you can say, peanuts. Olivia hated that.

In the middle of Olivia's pity party she heard the one thing she was dreading most. She noticed she was biting her nails, a habit she needed to quit. She removed her finger and listened to the headmaster.

"This year Hogwarts is we coming a new fourth year student. Will Olivia Evans please step up." The headmaster said out to the students in the crowd. Olivia took a wary step up to to the stool where she was to sit. Each step seemed to be mile, walking and walking in front of all the wandering eyes. Judging and looking, poking and pointing at every mistake, and insecurity she had.

When she finally made it to the the stool she was Completely terrified, that was until profesor McGonagall gave her a warm smile. Seeing the woman who was usually so stern , so soft eased her tension. Olivia paused and thought, "who gives a shit," who really cares about her being so perfect? If people didn't like how she was they didn't deserve her time. She smiled and flipped of the blonde boy, "Draco" wh was sneering at her. Which brought a few chuckles from the crowd.

Then the hat was placed on her head.

"Hmm, harder one of course. Oh, an Evans haven't had one of those in a while." The hat paused to think. "Where to put you, you value loyalty yes, yes Hufflepuff would be a good fit. Oh but the bravery yes, yes, you would jump for your friends, loyalty once agin though. Tough decision, not smart enough for Ravenclaw, and not cunning enough for Slytherin. Hmm tough tough-"

Then the hat was cut of by Olivia's outburst of emotion. "Hey I'm smart, very smart actually. Somewhat, I did pretty good you know. Actually never mind I'm a dumb fuck. But cunning?! I can plan schemes and lie! I- I... I can't do a lot... umm sorry I interrupted, please carry on." The girl zipped her mouth closed and averted her eyes to the ground.

"Yes I know where to put you, but don't make me regret it." The hat paused for obvious dramatic effect then yelled

"GRYFFINDOR!"

***

As soon as the hat shouted the house name, tables erupted into ecstatic applause. The Gryffindor table more than others. You could see the happiness radiating off of Olivia. That's when she thought of something brilliant. Not the smartest thing to do but she did it anyway.

She jumped on the stool in front of the great hall and started yelling at the people scowling t her.

"HA, suck it!" She screamed at mostly the Slytherins. "You won't to get to see this beautiful face everyday." Olivia then posed like she was to for a fusion show. Then as the teachers were yelling at her to get down, nd the students were cheering her on she swaggered down to the Slytherin table and sat next to Draco Malfoy. "Such a shame isn't it? Not being able to see you everyday, huh ferret face? Before he could answer the hall was silenced by Dumbledore. Then as the hall went deathly quiet McGonagall stepped up and look at Olivia furiously.

"Evans detention tomorrow night my office! But first come with me." The profesor said in her heavily accented voice. Olivia thought for a moment. Who would have gotten detention on their first day? She may have been the first.

"Have I sort some sort of record? I mean how many people do you know have gotten detention on their first day? Okay Minnie I'm going to level with you here, I like you and I think your a good teacher- " She was cut off by McGonagall.

"You remind me so much of them." McGonagall said with a solemn face. Olivia couldn't understand what she meant, but all this thinking confused her so she just shut up.

Hey they're sorted and at Hogwarts yay. Vote and comment please

Oh god this is cringeworthy hate doing this but I feel as though it's my duty as author to annoy you.

Thanks for reading