23

The next after noon the whole Gryffindor house was dragged to Professor McGonagall for dance lessons. While the boys and the girls were on opposite sides. McGonagall stood In the middle of the room ready to talk while filch was playing around with a music device that Olivia had seen before but hadn't heard the name.

"The Yule ball has been tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night we and output guests gather in the great hall for well mannered forority. I want each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean that literally as the the Yule ball is first and foremost a," she paused, "dance." All of the boys and a few select girls groaned. On one the girls being Olivia. Olivia hates dances she hated everything having to do with girly things. Makeup getting in dresses, all of it. As the groaning intensified McGonagall shushed them.

"Science! The house of Godric Gryffindor demands respect, and I will not have you running around like a bunch bambling bumbling band of baboons." She took a deep breath. "In every boy there is a lion ready to pounce, and every girl a swan ready to glide." Ron said something to the boys around him, and it did not go unnoticed by McGonagall. "Mr Weasley will you join me please?" Ron looked up at the elderly woman as if she was crazy. She caught a glimpse of Olivia smirking and laughing at her friend, to which he sent a glare her way.

"Now put a hand on my waist." McGonagall instructed. Ron looked at her flabbergasted,

"Where?" She looked at him unimpressed.

"My waist" he put his hands on her waist and there were a few wolf whistles around the room. McGonagall called everyone up and everyone started dancing. Olivia didn't know who to dance with as all her friends had had partners, and her other friends were in other houses. So when Fred came over she rolled her eyes.

"Please tell me you have a partner Weasley." He looked bored. He pointed towards his twin and his other friends.

"All my friends have partners, and your the only person left." He ran his hand through his hair, and held out his hand. "So?" Olivia rolled her eyes and took hold of the twins hand. He took hold of her and pulled her into his chest. She blushed a slight pink and looked to the taller boy.

For once they did something while getting along, they were laughing and dancing as if no one was watching. Fred felt sorry for the girl, he didn't like the jack boy. He had seen him sneak off at night and come out of rooms with his clothes ruffled and himself disoriented. To be honest de didn't want to see the girl hurt.

So seeing the girl so hurt when he yelled at her in the hall for asking where she was and now seeing her smile. It made him happy. They danced stepping on each other's toes and laughing after.

"So no hard feelings?" Fred asked hoping his poor dancing skills would make up for what he did. Olivia looked at him a new frown plastered on her face.

"Well you were a jerk....but so was I. I shouldn't have acted how I did. So yeah no hard feelings." She finished with a smile.

After the dancing Olivia and Hermione left the hall together.

"So are you going to the dance?" Hermione added happily. Olivia looked back at her bushy haired friend and laughed.

"I will not be going to that long story short. The only way I will ever be going is if someone asks me, and at this point my own boy friend isn't even talking to me." Hermione frowned at her friend. "Plus all the dresses and makeup just doesn't sit well with me." That was the end of that discussion.

Sorry that was short.