25

It was a few days before the ball and Olivia was fine. Others thought that she would hate not going to the ball, not getting asked by her own boyfriend, but she wasn't. She didn't think she would be asked anyway, boyfriend or not. Right now she didn't empaven know if she was in a relationship.

Actually she had been spending most of her time with Hermione obsessing over her date to the ball. Hermione and Olivia were in the library talking about what Hermione was going to wear with her beautiful periwinkle blue dress. How her hair would be, what makeup, and what shoes. Olivia didn't know what she was talking about with any of it. She just heard gibberish coming out of her friends mouth. She didn't even pay attention anymore when she saw her "boyfriend" walking out of the library looking paranoid. Olivia quickly said goodbye to Hermione and got up. Confused Hermione called after her.

"Olivia? Where are you going?" Hermione got up after her friend and started following her. They ra out of the library and hid behind a wall. They watched Jack loosen his tie and walk into a unused classroom. Olivia ran after him, she was tired of all the secrets, but she was not prepared for what she was about to see.

Even after Hermione's protests, Olivia opened the door and covered her mouth in shock. There stood jack lip-locked to someone from Ravenclaw, according to the tie. Hermione grabbed Olivia's hand and pulled on her wrist, but she wouldn't move. Olivia's lip was quivering, she was trying not to let the tears spill. It was only when jack turned from hearing a squeak from the doorway, that Olivia fled. She looked right into his eyes. His big eyes that didn't look the least bit regretful.

Hermione and Olivia ran down the corridors of Hogwarts, something they do a lot by now, trying to get to Gryffindor tower, hiding the brunette who would break down at any moment. They were hoping to get to the tower as soon as possible without running into anyone, but that wish was not granted. Olivia ran head first into a strong body, before she could fall strong hands grabbed her waist and pulled her close. Cedrics soothing voice rang through her ears.

"What happened? Hermione What happened?!" His voice raised a little with the second question after he didn't get an answer straight away. Cedric kneeled down and looked his best friend at the moment right in the eye. What he saw was foreign for her, she looked lost, numb. She had tears in her eyes that even in her weakest state she wouldn't let fall.

Cedric looked up to Hermione then back to Olivia. He got up and started leading her back to Gryffindor tower. They got weird looks along the way, two teenager leading another who looked as if she just saw her best friend die. They finally got to the tower and Cedric looked to Hermione expectingly.

"Well?" He said impatiently, "aren't you gonna tell it the password?" Hermione looked torn. She was a rule follower, she didn't want to break them by letting a hufflepuff in, but she also didn't like seeing her friend hurt. There was one way she could think of helping her in that moments and that was with Cedric. Hermione whispered the password to the fat lady, who looked concerned for the girl being lead in.

Not even stopping they went right up to the girls dorms, Hermione levitating Cedric up the stairs so they wouldn't turn into a slide.  As soon as they were up the stairs Olivia was on her bed and hugging her pillow. Cedric walked over to Olivia and sat on the bed beside her. He rubbed her back as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"Can somebody please tell me what is going on?" Olivia briefly looked up to Hermione the. Right back straight ahead of her. Just as Hermione was about to speak Olivia opened her mouth.

"I saw him with some girl." Olivia threw the pillow that she was holding right past Hermione's head. The bushy haired girl flinch but softened her eyes again. Olivia got up and started throwing things around the room. She kicked beds, there her clothes, and punched the walls. Her hands were a bloody mess by the time Cedric pried her hands open and pulled away from the wall.

Olivia couldn't take it anymore. When she looked around all she could think about is what she did to Jack. What did she do to him. She should have seen it sooner all the late nights when Cedric didn't ever see him come back to the dorms. All the times he would stand Olivia up. Olivia once again covered her mouth with her hand and slid down the wall she was standing beside , only then deciding that her tears were worth shedding.

It seemed that there was a party going on in the girls dorm to most people, as Harry and Ron had found themselves a way up the staircase and into the room. Their eyes widened when they opened the door as they were not expecting the room they saw. It looked like an obscurial had ripped apart the dorm. Harry then saw his cousin sobbing on the floor, tearing away at her hair and holding on to Cedric for dear life.

As fast as his feet would take him he ran over to his cousin and held her tight. He stroked her hair he then Looked to Cedric.

"Cedric would you come with me please?" Harry had a fiery glint in his eyes that Cedric understood. Cedric nodded and the two left Gryffindor tower. Hermione went and held her friend tight.

"I'm so sorry Hermione" she heard Olivia say in a soft voice. "I'm sorry I'm pinning this on you. You don't have to be here." Hermione just looked at her and held her tighter. Ron decided it would be a good idea to make sure Harry and Cedric wouldn't do anything stupid, so he left after them . Leaving the two girls alone in the dorm.

Little did they know that Jack was sent to the hospital wing with a broken nose that night.

Idk what to think of this chapter. Please vote and comment.