1

Olivia was a plain and simple girl, with subtle red highlights in her shoulder length dirty blonde hair. She was never the prettiest girl in the room, as she was always slightly over weight, but is also very tall, standing at 5'11. Back in Canada Olivia played sports. So many different sports, if you asked her what her favourite season was she'd reply with, hockey.

   That was another reason she was not the skinniest, she was muscular, she had very broad shoulders and she was proud of them. At her school there was only 10 people in her class, so like most small town schools she had a split class with a class of six. Through the whole class she was the second tallest, depending on the year she may have been the third. Keep in mind that she was also behind boys who were a year older than her.

Before she got her letter to Ilvermorny she went to a muggle school where she played all types of sports. When ever she went home for Christmas she would go out with her three brothers and play hockey, baseball, or football. As much as she loved school she would always love her sports. That's why it tore her to pieces when she got her letter. While she was exited that she would be going to a different school, but she was going to miss her family, and her sports.

Olivia lived on a farm with her brothers Kevin who was 15, Raymond who was 13, and Kobe who was 10. Her family owned cattle, that her and her brothers had to take care of. When ever they were at school their dad - Rob - would take care of them, but that didn't mean they didn't help. They also grew crops, they had so many different fields all across the province, they had two combines - that they had for as long as Olivia could remember - for harvest. One of them Olivia's father owned and the other her grandfather owned.

Out of the two different activities Olivia would always pick the cows. She always thought they were much cooler. They had so much more adventurous deeds to them. Wether it be pulling a calf or having to pull a cow out of the mud. They were unpredictable, and She loved it.

Olivia's mother, Rose, works in an office in a nearby auction site. She had her jobs as long as Olivia could remember, taking few breaks off for her kids and family.  Rose was so much like her older sister lily. She had the same red hair and small face. While she had the same small button nose, and long legs as her sister Petunia. Rose was always much closer with lily than Petunia, but after her dear sister got her letter she started believing some of the things that Petunia put into her head. Thinking that maybe lily never came home because she didn't love her, or because she was annoying. Though every Holliday when her sister returned home with new stories and adventures she knew that they weren't true.

Lily would spend all her woken time with her younger sister. Then she, as well as Rose would be devastated when lily would have to leave. The limited time the Sisters had together had an even bigger impact when Rose found her sister had died, knowing that they spent so little time together, and she was taken so soon, and even worse, left a son behind.

When Rob and Rose got married they decided to get their names hyphenated, but after the children bickered to their parents about having a name like that they decided to change Kevin's and Olivia's to Evans, and Raymond's and Kobe's to Smith, so that both family names could live on. Most people would think this is stupid - and it does sound like it - but they wanted to honour Rose's sister, lily, who died fighting for her family. They never told any of their kids that they had a cousin Harry, they only knew Dudley, and that was because he came to Canada once to meet them and them only. They heard of Harry but never actually saw him. The children thought he was just Dudley's imaginary friend.

It was a sunny July day when Rose brought a ten year old Olivia to get the mail, as they walked over to the rusted old mailbox Olivia looked to her mother and asked a question, "Do you believe in magic?" Olivia queried. Roses thicker form was switching letter to letter, the sunlight beaming, making her grey hairs against her vibrant red look more prominente. She then stopped on one letter and her eyes widened,

"Why of course I believe in magic." She replied then showed Olivia a letter that would change her life forever, " And you definitely should too." Olivia took the letter in her small hands and read who it was addressed to.

Mrs. O. Evans
Bedroom down the hall on the right

Olivia read this, her parted lips slightly moving with the words. She then looked at her mom with a severely confused look on her face,

" What!?" She looked at her mother, her mother was laughing behinds her hand. When she looked up she was met with a severely pissed off daughter. "Please tell me this is not some joke. Cause so help me I will find out who was the bright ding bat who started it. Oh I bet it was Kevin.... oh, I'll get him good. Some sick joke, playing with a ten-year-olds imagination. I'll show him..." Olivia rambled until her mother stopped laughing and put a gentle hand on her shoulder.

" Come darling, we'll have a talk about you."

When Olivia and Rose returned home they sat in Olivia's room and talked about how Roses older sister -lily - and how she was a witch just like Olivia. Rose told her about how she was dead now, and not a day goes by that she doesn't miss her. Rose told her a lot about her childhood. About how Petunia was always there for her when lily wasn't, how when Petunia got older it seemed like she cared less and less about her younger sister. Rose just reminded herself just how hard it was not seeing her sister everyday. Most of all Rose told her about the Wizarding schools, how magical they were, how every time she walked with her sister to platform 9 3/4 she would watch lily run through a wall. The only problem was Olivia wasn't accepted into Hogwarts. She was accepted into Ilvermorny.

First I would like to say thanks to the people reading this and I'm sorry if my writings terrible.