6"

"Daria, it's not funny"

"I mean it is a little bit" Daria chuckled as she help Alya up of the floor

"I can't believe you'd laugh at your friends like that. I could of been seriously injured and now I'm all covered in mud.  You should be ashamed" Alya sighed with amusement hiding her grin.

"Oh my apologies" Daria joked snickering as she watched Alya stand before her covered in mud.

The two were walking around the Hogwarts grounds when Alya had tripped over a tree root landing on the wet muddy floor.

"We should get Amalie to do that spell thingy to clean it"

"Oh yeah. Good idea" Alya hummed "we should probably learn that spell ourselves"

"Yeah probably" Daria waved as the two girls made their way back into the castle and towards the Great hall.

"James this is a horrible idea" Frank sighed as they watched the entrance to Great Hall

"It will be brilliant!" James replied "relax Frank, it'll be funny"

"What's going on?" Nico asked as he sat down beside them

"James is pulling another of his stupid pranks" Frank spoke as he reached for some food

"What is it this time?" Nico snickered

"The next person who walks through the doors are going to be drenched in a bucket of glue while followed by feath-"

"Shit" James interrupted as he spotted the first person to walk into the room.

Jumping up James made a quick dash, running towards Alya before she could walk under the bucket. He wrapped his arms around her trying to push her out of the way of the glue and feathers, but it was too late. 

The bucket of glue tipped down from the doorway, covering them both from head to toe, quickly followed by a flurry of multicoloured feathers that stuck to their bodies.

Alya just stood their frozen as the whole hall held their breath. She closed her eyes trying to regain her composure. You could practically he the anger radiate off her.

James just stood there looking at her pleadingly as he wiped the glue off of his eyes.

The Hall filled with snickers as the shock factor wore off while McGonagall stormed over.

"Miss Hill, Mr Potter. Dentention, With me tonight. Go and get yourselves cleaned up. Mr Potter that's the third incident this year already, an owl will be going home shortly"

Alya ran her fingers through her hair trying to separate the the strands that were covered with glue.

"Alya..." James started as she went to walk away

"I couldn't care less what you've got to say" she laughed bitterly

"Please" James pleaded as he grabbed her wrist gently stopping her from leaving "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to happen to you-"

"Get off me Potter!" Alya burst yanking hand away from his grasp "just leave it, you've done enough"

James was left standing there on his own in a pile of glue and feathers as everyone watched with their mouths hanging open.

"Unlucky mate" Nico spoke as he walked over and patted him on the back

"I fucking told you it was a bad idea" Frank whistled as he looked at the mess

"Yeah, whatever" James sighed shaking his hair making the feathers fall off and drift to the floor.

———————————————————————————
A/N

I low-key feel bad for James but at the same time he deserves it

Thank you for 3k I love you all. You're my friends now I don't make the rules 😌