19"

Alya hid around the corner as James exited the Defence classroom and met with Nico and Frank down the corridor

Surely that wasn't a lion. It couldn't of been.

They have matching Patronus'?

She didn't know what that meant. But she'd find out. Why would James Sirius Potter not want to show that off being a Gryffindor, the house of Lions especially?

Deciding that she'd find out, she took off swiftly
down the corridor towards the Library.

Alya ran her fingers over the rows of books as she studied each one and their titles. Landing on one that read Corporal Patronus', Their uses and Meanings, she picked it up and took it over to the armchair in the corner of the room.

Flicking open the pages she scanned the contents on the first page until she found Matching and complimenting Corporals.
Turning to the number she started to read through the page.

Skimming over the unimportant parts she read aloud:

"Matching or complimenting Patronus are often produced by witches or Wizards that are connected through love and therefore through happiness. As the Patronus Charm is created through happiness this constructs the image of the Corporal to take the form of the person you have a certain spiritual connection with. This connection can also be formed from an intense longing for each other; that the certain Witch or Wizard are unable to achieve"

Alya snapped the book closed sharply. She absolutely not "long" for James Sirius Potter. There was no way. The book must hold false information.

She was a smart girl, of course the book wasn't lying.

Trying to convince herself that she must of seen James' Patronus wrongly she placed the book back onto the shelf before leaving the Library.

Perhaps James wasn't as selfish as she thought.

Unfortunately he was still the most annoying, cocky, arrogant, show off she'd ever met

James stared out across the Black lake that was frozen around the edges in somewhat of a daze. Alya had his Patronus. Alya Hill had his patronus!

He was snapped out of his daydream as a snowball came hurting over and hit him in the head. The group of girls that had been watching the three boys started to giggling at the sight.

"Oi prick! You good?" Nico shouted as James looked at him unimpressed.

"Nice shot" Frank snickered as he clapped Nico on the back

"Cheers" Nico laughed walking over to James, "but really mate? Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah" James replied nodding slightly

"Very convincing" Frank smirked watching James' dreamy face, "what? Come on, what is it?"

"Hills patronus" James spoke quietly, "it's a lioness"

"Yeah mate. We saw" Nico rolled his eyes, "funnily enough we are in that class as well"

"So?" Frank questioned interestedly

"My patronus is a Lion" James replied as a happy grin broke out across his features, "do you know what that means?"

"A connection" Frank hummed looking to Nico who looked completely confused, "people have matching or complimenting patronus when they are connected through a sense of happiness, love or longing" he exclaimed making Nicos eyes widen.

"Does Alya know yours is a lion?" Nico asked

"No" James replied," I was about to tell her before she cut me off. I'm glad she doesn't know though. I'd rather keep it that way. I don't want to scare her off"

"She's already been scared off" Frank scoffed amused

"Shut up" James huffed scooping up a pile of snow and dropping it onto Franks head.

"What the fuck?!" Frank exclaimed shaking the snow off his head

"Lily's invited Hill over for New Years. If either of you two mention it to her you'll be doing extra laps in practise for the next year"

"Got it" Nico grumbled in compliance

———————————————————————————
A/N

James I love you ❤️