29"

Walking into the Library Alya started to walk over to James who was sat in the far corner, books strewn out before him

"Hi Hill" he beamed as Alya took a seat next to him

"Potter" Alya nodded with a polite smile. The least she could do was be nice. James had take time out of his day to help her.

"So I've written you out all the things we've covered so far in class over the past few weeks" James started shuffling some papers, "I thought you could use it as a good reversion plan and things"

He carried on explaining as Alya looked at him slightly gobsmacked.

It was a strange sight been James Sirius being Serious and fully committed and absorbed within his studies. Usually you'd find the boy tearing through the castles corridors, flying around on him broom, pulling his "immaculate" pranks and constantly surrounded by a gaggle of students all hanging off his last word.

"Did you get that?" He asked snapping her out of her thoughts

"Huh?" Alya asked shaking her head clearing her head

"Day dreaming Hill?" He asked with a smirk, his eyes flitting over her face

"Something like that" Alya smiled back, "I'm sorry, I'm listening now"

"Is alright. I've written all of it down for you"

"Thank you" Alya replied scanning over the notes, "hey Potter..." she drifted of

"Hill?" He questioned Still looking at her

"I'm sorry about the other day...it was shitty of me. I should of told you I wasn't coming. So... I'm sorry"

James face softened as he placed his quill down, "don't worry about it. I wasn't waiting long. It was stupid of me to ask you anyway.I apologise for pressuring you all these years, I should of respected your decision"

"Is this your way of telling me you're over me?" Alya asks smirking as she raised an eyebrow

James shook his head amused, "I don't think I could ever be over you"

"Potter..."

"It's fine" he waved, "I respect your decision. But then again you did look pretty miserable with Adams"

"Oh I was" Alya sighed, "god, the conversation made me want to die inside of myself"

"That bad?" James laughed

"It was so boring" Alya laughed with him, "he asked me I play for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team"

"You can't even get the broom off the ground" James smirked

"Exactly! It was terrible" she agreed

"Well maybe you'll have to go with someone better next time" James shrugged

Alya sent him a knowing look, understanding what he was getting at.

"What?" James asked pretending to be confused, "I'm just saying"

"Well don't"

"Okay okay" he grinned putting his hands up in surrender, "so, what did you smell in the Amortentia?" He asked raising an eyebrow with a hopeful look

"Got to have some mystery about myself" Alya replied making James roll his eyes in good nature

"You think you're slick don't you?"

"I am" she smiled

"I'll be the judge of that. I will find out what you smelt Alya Hill. I bet my broom on it"

"I don't want your broom"

"Fine. I'll bet my whole stash of Chocolate Frogs"

"Deal"

"Deal"

James and Alya's hands connected as the shook on the deal.

"I can't wait to eat all of your chocolate frogs"

"No chance"

———————————————————————————
A/N

James and Alya you're too cute