36"

Alya, Amalie, Roxanne and Daria had all managed to find an empty compartment for themselves on the way back to kings cross and James, Frank and Nico had decided to crash their space

The seven of them were all squashed up on the seats passing sweets between each other. The boys were offered to share compartments from many of the Hogwarts students but decided to annoy the Ravenclaw girls instead.

"This is so uncomfortable" Alya winced moving her leg that had started to have pins and needles

"You could always sit on my lap" James smirked making Alya fake gag and the rest of the group put their heads in their hands or scrunch up their faces

"Give it a rest mate" Nico laughed, "especially when we're all here. I don't care what you do in your spare time. Embarrass yourself all you want just not while I'm here to witness it"

"I agree with that" Roxanne nodded as Nico reached over to fist bump her

A knock on the compartment door made them all look up, Lily and Remus stood at the door.

"James, we've got a message from Grandm- I mean Professor McGonagall" Rem corrected realising he was technically still at school

"Mum had finally excepted the transfiguration teaching post. McGonagalls stopping teaching for her headmistress duties, it's all a bit much. She wanted to let you know before the start of the next year" Lily explained to James before glancing at Nico and smiling at Alya.

"Really?" James asked in surprise, "I didn't think she was going to take it. After quidditch I though she was  just going to stay at home"

"That's not really mum is it?" Rem laughed shaking his head

"Wait? Your mums going to be teaching us?" Nico smirked

"Don't even think about it"  James warned making Frank snicker and Nico throw his hands up in defence.

"Anyway" Lily started wincing, "see you at home"
She nodded to James as she and rem made their way back to their respective friends.

The train came to a stand still at the platform as Alya tried to drag her trunk off the train.

James rushed over, helping her pick up her luggage.
"I've got it" he smiled, taking it out of her hand and carrying it off the train and onto the platform.

"Oh, thanks" Alya smiled slightly

"Alya!" Suzanna Hill smiled walking over and pulling her daughter into a tight hug

"Hi mum" Alya smiled as they pulled away from their embrace.

"Goodness, your hair has gotten so long. Perhaps we should take a trip to the salon- oh! Hello" Alya's mother stopped babbling finally realising James was stood there.

"Hello" James smiled politely holding a hand out for her to shake, "James Potter. Nice to meet you"

"You too. I'm Alya's mother, Suzanne" she smiled back glancing at Alya's luggage in his hands before shaking James' free hand.

"I'm really sorry to run off like this but my family's waiting" James apologised gesturing over to Harry, Viola, Rem and Lily that were all waving and smiling further down the platform, " though they can always wait while I carry this luggage down to the car for you" James offered gesturing to Alyas heavy trunk

"Oh it's no worries!" Insisted Suzanne, "it was nice meeting you James"

"You too Ms Hill" he nodded before turning to Alya, "have a good Summer Ayls" she smiled, placing her luggage on the floor, "see you next year?"

"Yeah, you too Potter" she replied to James as he turned and made his way over to family happily

Suzanne turned to her daughter with a soft smile on her face, "was that the same James Sirius that-"

"Nope! Absolutely not!" Alya interrupted putting her hands over her ears making her mother laugh, "come on, let's get going" she rushed picking up her trunk and dragging her mother through the crowds on the platform.

"He seems like a very nice boy"

"Mum!"

"Do you like him?"

"Mum!"

"Don't you think he's handsome? He is very handsome. From the looks of it the whole family looks very attracti-"

"Mum!"

———————————————————————————
A/N

Not Viola teaching at Hogwarts like pls help those poor kids.