28"

Alya walked into their defence class

Alya walked into their defence class. It was the end of the day and she was really not in the mood to be harassed by James.
Taking off her bag she sat down in her seat next to him.

"Afternoon Hill" he greeted as he carried on writing the date on his parchment.

"Good afternoon Potter" she replied looking at him suspiciously. Usually their interactions would kick off from a compliment or crude comment from James, but this time he greeted her like a normal human being.

"So class" Percy started, "I have graded all of your tests back that you did a few lessons ago. Once you've got them back feel free to flick through them to find where you have perhaps made any mistakes"

Alya glanced over to James as James leaned back on his seat casually, a small smirk on his face while Professor Weasley handed out the tests.

Her eyes widened as she saw her score. Surly she didn't do that bad. Flicking through the pages it was evident she in fact did do badly. She'd never found Defence Against The Dark Arts particularly hard but she was more suited to subjects such as Transfiguration, Arithmancy and Ancient Runes.

Glancing over to James' paper her mouth hung open a little bit. He'd got nearly full marks.

"How did you do that?" She asked as James looked at her in confusion

"Do what?" He questioned

"You've got nearly full marks" Alya said pointing to his paper

"It's no big deal" James waved hiding his smile

"No big deal? I barely passed!" Alya sighed

"It was a difficult unit. Don't worry yourself about it love" he nodded going back to his notes he was writing

"But- how did you?" Alya continued still looking confusedly at his paper

"I can go over it with you later if you'd like" James shrugged casually, "after class in the Library? Maybe Professor Weasley will let you take it again"

"Oh- er. Yeah okay" She nodded in response, curious of James' new found politeness

"Brilliant!" He exclaimed, "I- er mean, cool. No worries. Meet you there about 7pm?"

"Sure" she replied picking up her quill, "do you mind if I borrow your notes really quick?"

"Go ahead" James smiled pushing the parchment towards her

Alya copied down the key points that she'd missed as James took his time studying her.

Her hair fell in the little waves he loved oh so much as it flowed over her shoulders. He noticed her sliver necklaces that were tangled around her neck, were they new? He'd never seen them before.

"Your necklaces are pretty" he commented smiling charmingly

"Oh, thank you" Alya replied back, "my mum got them me for Christmas a few months back"

"She had good taste" Said James, "they're tangled though" he pointed out.

"Urg, this happens all the time" Alya sighed as she tried to detangle her necklaces with no luck. They were wound around each other tightly and it made it all the while harder not being able to see properly.

"Do you need some help?" James asked gesturing to her necklaces that she was trying to fix.

Alya considered it for a second before nodding her head slowly.

James reached out, his fingers working nimbly across Alya's necklaces. His brushed the skin of her neck softly on accident as the jewellery started to unravel itself.

"There" he said making sure they were sitting correctly across her collar bone.

"Thanks" Alya smiled tightly as James pulled away nodding, picking up his quill while he started writing again.

———————————————————————————
A/N

I love himmmmmmmmmm