46"

"Did it work Professor?" A Hufflepuff student asked Viola hopefully before looking down at their bowl that they had failed to turn into a rabbit

"Partly" Viola laughed, "it worked if you wanted to turn your friend into a rabbit"

Sure enough the Hufflepuffs friends had sprouted a tail and ears of a rabbit, "you're flourishing your wand too much. It's a soft gentle movement. That's it's, like that!" She smiled as the bowl twisted into the shape of a rabbit.

Viola started heading back to her desk, flicking her wand meaning that the Hufflepuffs friend was restored to their normal being.

"Thank you for such a great lesson" she announced letting the students pack up their things and heading out the classroom, "don't forget to keep practicing, not everyone gets it first time!"

Majority of students thanked her for the lesson and rushed out of the room and down to the hall to their respective common rooms. Alya hung back packing her things up slowly as she waved goodbye to Amalie, Roxanne and Daria for the day. She wanted to hand Viola back the more difficult pieces that she'd given her to work on. She watched as James approached his mother.

"You were great as usual" he smiled hugging Viola tightly.

James was much taller than Viola and seemed to tower over her as he hugged her.

"Thank you Jamsie" Viola pulled away, "go and catch up with your friends, I've got stuff to mark, people to go and gossip with"

"You sure? We could drink some tea together?"

"Go!" She laughed pushing him out the door

James, spotting Alya on his way out sent her a wink before jogging down the corridor to catch up with Nico.

"Oh Alya!" Viola jumped noticing she was still there, "is everything okay?" She asked scanning the girls face for any sign of discomfort or worry

"Oh no! Everything's fine!" Alya reassured, "I just wanted to hand you back my notes from the piece that you gave me the other day"

Professor Potter took the notes and scanned over them, her eyes widening as she did so.

"It's perfect!" She smiled, "God Alya, this is really difficult stuff and you've gotten it perfect"

"Oh thank you I-"

"No Siriu- I mean... no really, it's amazing. You're really talented" she said handing it her back, "I don't think I could've done that in my seventh year"

"You were doing so much more" Alya smiled, "thank you, Professor Potter. Have a good night"

"You too Miss Hill. Send James my love!"

"You alright?" James asked smiling gently from the sofa infront of the fire in their small common room.

"I'm good" she replied nodding, sitting down on the armchair next to the mantle piece, "new glasses?" She asked noticing the old spectacles resting on his face.

"They're quite old actually" James replied taking them off and hiding them away, "they were my grandads, I only wear them for reading"

"Don't put them away" Alya said standing up and taking the glasses out of his hands and putting them on his face, brushing away a stray eyelash that had fallen onto his cheek, "do you not like them?"

"Not really" James shrugged, "I only wear them when I'm with Frank and Nico in the dorm reading"

"I like them" Alya hummed, "and you read?" She asked quite surprised

"A little bit" he nodded, "now and then. Speaking of Grandfathers, come and have a look at this"

James pushed the book off his knees and pulled his glasses up from his eyes, them acting as a headband pushing his messy hair back. He grabbed Alya's hand pulling her off the armchair.

"Look" he said pointing to the many names that had been carved into the stone through generations, "it's my grandparents"

Sure enough the names of James Potter and Lily Evans were carved into the stone, side by side.

Alya ran her fingers over the rough brick.

"Do you want to carve our names underneath theirs?" She said looking up at James

"Yeah..." he drifted off, "that's a nice idea"

The pair stood back, admiring their handiwork.

James F Potter- Lily J Evans
James S Potter - Alya H Hill

"I just know they were great" James smiled sadly

Alya grabbed his hand before leaning her head onto his shoulder, "I know so too" she smiled up

———————————————————————————
A/N

Today I had my first day back of official school and omfg I forgot how draining it was.

My update schedule might be changing slightly as I'm going to be really busy for a while but I'll make sure to keep it at a nice flow.