17"

Weeks had passed and it was Alya and Lily Rosas last tutoring session before Christmas

Weeks had passed and it was Alya and Lily Rosas last tutoring session before Christmas. The end of November had flown past and the Christmas break had started to approach.

"McGonagall has asked to see me after this" Alya spoke up making Lily look away from her book, "she wants to know how you're doing"

"You better say only good things. I know where you sleep Alya Hill" Lily warned scrunching up her face.

"Oh no I'm so terrified" Alya gasped half joking half not. Lily Rosa was the type of girl you wouldn't want to cross.

"Not but seriously" Lily started, "you've been really helpful. So thank you" she smiled, "you didn't have to help me"

"Not it's fine. I've actually enjoyed it" Alya smiled back

"You know Alya, you're kind of my older sister now. I don't make the rules, sorry. Actually... I do make the rules"

"Of course you do" Alya rolled her eyes in amusement, "and I'm flattered to be your older sister"

"You should be" Lily hummed looking down at her book, "you should come over for Christmas. We're having a New Year party and I want you there. I've already asked Mum and she was more than happy"

"What about your dad? Is he okay with it?" Alya asked not wanting to intrude

"Probably. He doesn't really have a say in it. Mums more in charge. But he's usually chill" Lily explained

"I can't" Alya frowned, "I spend Christmas with my mum and I don't want to leave her alone"

"Oh that's okay. Maybe you could come later on? Spend time with your mum and pop round for a few hours? If that's okay with you?"

"I don't know..." Alya drifted off, looking out of the window.

"Come on! It'll be fun. Frank, Nico, Daria, Rose and Hugo are coming.  If you're worried about James I'll lock him in the basement or something" Lily waved casually as if it was a common recurrence

"You know what? That sounds great" Alya laughed as Lily shot her a triumph grin.

"Great! I'll let mum know. She likes you you know, when you met her a few months ago. Mum doesn't like many people"

"Well I'm honoured"

"You should be. Me and mums the only people in the family who's opinions matter and we both like you so you have nothing to worry about"

"Love the confidence Lils"

"Thank you Ayls. Comes naturally. Apparently it's from my grandma. I can see the resemblance" Lily hummed as she pushed her blond reddish hair out of her face.

"Well I'd love to come. I cant promise I'll stay long"

"Oh that doesn't matter" Lily shook her head, "now I have some to talk to that's interesting"

"That's harsh"

"They're not uninteresting as such" Lily explained, "it's just that I've grown up with them all so i kind of know everything about them. There's nothing new to talk about. That's why I like these sessions because I didn't really know you properly before this year. It's nice to talk to someone who doesn't just see me as just a Potter"

"But you are a Potter"

"Shut up. You know what I mean"

"Wow. That's harsh language from someone who's about to be spoken about to the headmistress" Alya smirked

"Please, that woman's my grandmother. I'm literally named after her. She won't do anything even if you tell her I blew off your leg and threw it off the astronomy tower"

"I hate how quickly you came up with that"

"I surprised myself to be honest"

———————————————————————————
A/N

Lily I loveeeeee you.

Lily and Alya- Viola and Maisie - Rosaleé and Marlene/Georgine