32"

Alya, Amalie, Roxanne and Daria were all gathered down by the lake in their spare period

Alya, Amalie, Roxanne and Daria were all gathered down by the lake in their spare period. Not long after James, Frank and Nico had interrupted their peace.

The two unlikely friend groups had quickly merged creating a fairly mismatched but well balanced friends group.

James had stolen Alya's paints and had started to attempt to paint a portrait of her while she laughed with their friends.

"Keep still" James commanded as Alya threw her head back laughing at one of Nicos jokes.

Alya rolled her eyes, "you better not mess up Potter. Those paints were expensive"

"Don't you worry your pretty head. It's already a masterpiece. Have some faith in me Hill"

"I'm afraid I don't believe you" Alya smiled as James scoffed

"You'll just have to wait and see then"

"It's going to be shite" Nico piped up from beside them as he finished his game of exploding snap with Roxanne.

"Have some faith" Daria piped up

"Yeah, you never know. He might surprise us" Amalie added

"Not likely" Frank laughed

"I'm finding this really disrespectful" James huffed as he concentrated on his so called materpiece

Alya zoned out from her friends chatting as she plucked a daisy from the grass, twirling it in the air and opening and closing its petals. The strengthening sun beat down across the teenagers face as they talked and laughed together as if they had been friends for years.

"Oh shit. We've got Transfiguration in a few minutes" Frank said checking the time and springing up, helping the girls stand up as he did so.

"McGonagalls going have our heads" shivered Roxanne

"Tell me about it" Alya nodded, about to get up before James protested and pulled her back down.

"I've not finished my painting!" He exclaimed, "wait till I finish"

"But McGonagall will-"

"We'll come up with something" James waved

"I'm not getting a months worth of detention because of you" Nico laughed running a hand through his hair before heading back up the castle with Frank, Roxanne, Amalie and Daria leaving Alya and James alone.

"Can you hurr-"

"Sh, You'll ruin it. I'm nearly done... and.. ta dah!"

James spun the painting around and Alya's mouth dropped open a little bit before her face broke into a small and then an uncomfortable laugh.

"You're joking?!" She smiled catching her breath

"What? It's amazing!"

"Potter, it's a stick man..."

"A very well executed stick man. Look I even painted the Daisy" he said pointing to a squiggle in the air.

"It's terrible but somewhat-"

"Take that back right now Hill!"

"Or what Potter"

"Or I'll throw you in the lake" he grinned

"You wouldn't dare" Alya quipped back narrowing her eyes as James as he laid back resting on his elbows challengingly

"You want to try me?"

"You would never" Alya smiled slyly

In a flash James had sprung up, throwing Alya over his shoulder before making his way over to the edge of the lake. Alya thrashed and hit his back frantically while James chuckled to himself in amusement.

"I swear to fuck Potter if you dare-"

Splash

Alya arose out of the waters surface gasping as the cold water hit her skin. Her brushed her hair out of her eyes as she trod water while breathing heavily.
James cackled to himself on the bank watching Alya's flustered appearance.

"And I was going to say it was somewhat charming!" Alya grumbled shaking her head as she swam over to the bank and climbed out, "you're so fucked"

"Shit" James whispered to himself as he broke off into a run back up towards the castle.

Alya chased him up back towards the castle. James laughed loudly to himself as Alya had to try and keep the smile of her face.

The pair ran through the corridors, their feet pounding the slabbed flooring, Alya's wet hair flying behind her.

Turning the corner Alya suddenly slammed into James

"Ow!" She huffed rubbing her head as she slammed into James back.

"Mr Potter, Miss Hill. Where have you been?" Professor McGonagall asked looking down at the two  students, "my lesson stated twenty minutes ago and I have to interrupted the other students learning in order to come and find you both"

"I'm sorry Professor, we were just-"

"Making out!" James cut Alya off quickly

"Urm... what?!" Alya exclaimed looking at James with wide eyes

A flash of remembrance danced across McGonagalls eyes.

"And why is that Miss Hill looks like she had just visited the Giant Squid? Never mind, Hurry up and get into class. Chop chop, we don't have all day"

———————————————————————————
A/N

I've been thinking and what if Lily Rosa ends up with Nico. Hear me out

Because I think it's such a Viola and Rosaleè thing to do- go for your older brothers best mate and get them eventually.

I can't introduce it rn cos Lily's like what? 12 or 13 and that's weird.

The age difference between the two is like 4 years which isn't bad if you set it when Lily's in like 7 th year and Nicos left Hogwarts.