34"

Alya scanned the Gryffindor stands looking for Roxanne, Amalie and Daria

Alya scanned the Gryffindor stands looking for Roxanne, Amalie and Daria. She couldn't believe that she was there. In the Gryffindor stands. Supporting the Gryffindors. Supporting James Sirius' team.
It was a nice morning, the start of summer meant that the sun beat down, strengthening as time went on. The birds chirped in the background from the trees behind the stadium. The sound muffled with the laughed and chatter of the Gryffindor and Slytherin students. Alya fanned herself as her skin started to warm up. James' scarf not helping her increasing temperature.

Looking around for Roxannes wild curly hair she finally spotted the girls sat next to each passing along a box of berties beans.
Shuffling past the other students Alya moved over to their side, sitting in the space they'd saved for her.

"Finally" Daria smiled as she passed the sweets

"How was your time with Potter?" Roxanne smirked eyeing the Gryffindor scarf

"Shut up" Alya scoffed popping a sweet into her mouth

"You were gone an awfully long time" Amalie smiled

"Well yeah, I was asleep" Alya replied knowing full well what they meant

Amalie went to reply as Alya shushed her while the two house teams flew out onto the pitch.

The Gryffindors surrounding them launched into loud cheers as their team did a quick lap.

Alya spotted Albus Remus sat opposite her in the Slytherin stands clapping as Lily and James sped past him on their lap around the pitch, earning a few strange looks from the other Slytherin who were unsure about him clapping for the opposite team.

Their maroon robes fluttered behind them as they angled their broom taking the corner with ease, gliding at a tilt in a tight formation as they approached the Gryffindor stand.

The students shouted and cheered louder as they whipped past making the crowds hair blow from the speed of which they were travelling. Lily Rosa shot Alya a grin as he shot past while James threw her a quick wink.

Alya rolled her eyes and clapped politely, an amused smile playing on her face that she tried to hide while Roxanne, Daria and Amalie screamed and cheered for Frank, Nico, James and Lily.

Harry,Viola, Ron and Hermione sat with McGonagall around the rest of the Professors.

"They've inherited my amazing quidditch genes" Viola said nudging Harry's arm as she watched Lily and James fly around the pitch as the match kicked off

"What? And suddenly my quidditch experience means nothing?" Harry asked, "I was the youngest seeker in a century" he smirked

"Deflate your head Potter" Viola replied rolling her eyes at her husband

"Yeah mate" Ron agreed, "you're old now. Your sons taken your place of the golden boy now" he laughed

"Ronald, you're the same age" Hermione sighed shaking her head.

"But did you play professionally huh?" Viola continued turning to Harry.

"No but-"

"Well then" she smiled in triumph. Harry sighed in defeat before taking Violas hand in his and refocusing on the game

"So what are you doing now you've retired from Quidditch?" McGonagall asked from Violas side, "you could always-"

"I know what you're going to say Minnie" Viola smiled, "I'm not teaching at Hogwarts"

"You'd be the perfect Professor Viola. If only you'd at least think about it. You could do your gossiping with Professor Longbottom until your hearts content" McGonagall continued

"You know how much I love you and Hogwarts. I just don't think I'm ready to go back there. Back in those halls" Viola admitted with a sad smile

"That's understandable" McGonagall nodded, "know there is always a position for you"

"Thank you Minerva" she smiled taking her hand and giving it a squeeze.

Viola eyebrows shot up as she spotted Alya sat just a bit down from them in the Gryffindor stand, a red scarf around her neck.

"Is that Alya?" She asked McGonagall who also looked in her direction

"Yes I believe it is Miss Hill" she confirmed with a smile

"Are they finally dating?" Viola asked excitedly

"I don't believe so" McGonagall replied, "they're civil I believe. I might go as far as to say friends"

"Perhaps you could give them a little push?" Viola hummed with a sly smile to which the Professor shot her a knowing look.

Alya watched as James sped forward, dodging the Slytherin players and bludgers that pummelled his way. He easily missed them, flipping and spinning with ease, hitting the bludgers away with the end of his broom. A look of determination and seriousness across his face as his robes blew behind him and his hair tussled.

He took the quaffle in one of his hands, keeping his broom steady before retracting his arm back and sending the Quaffle forward. The stadium watched as it sailed through the air, heading towards the right hoop.

The Gryffindor stand erupted as the Quaffle slipped past the Slytherin keepers fingers.

The crowd of red screamed and jumped up and down, waving their flags and banners obnoxiously as the Slytherins frowned and huffed.

James rounded the pitch scanning the stands before locking eyes with Alya. He shot her another wink before pointing at her in acknowledgment as if to dedicate the shot to her before swiftly rejoining the game.

Alya rolled her eyes as she shook her head, unable to keep her growing smile off her face.

"She's smiling" Amalie whispered to Roxanne who was also studying Alya interestedly

"It's kind of painful to watch really" Roxanne replied shaking her head.

———————————————————————————
A/N

James is literally so precious

Thank you for 50k 🤎