41"

The sun had started to set below the horizon of the sea creating a fiery iridescent glow to kiss the land

The sun had started to set below the horizon of the sea creating a fiery iridescent glow to kiss the land. The sea birds has started to roost in the cliffs as their high pitch screeching ceased leading to the only sounds of the waves breaking and the crackle of the fire infront of them mixing with the groups melodic laughter and chatter.
Laid out infront of them they wrapped up in the blankets and pillows they'd brought down from the cottage and snuggled into them as the sun disappeared and the light from the fire flickers across their faces. They shared stories and laughs as they passed around a few bottles of fire whiskey; reminiscing on the afternoon where Alya had tried to teach them all the Muggle sports. It was definitely a sight for sore eyes.

As the sun finally disappeared and the moon came out majority had fallen asleep bar Alya and James.

Alya wrapped a blanket tight around her shivering as she warmed her hands on the fire while James watched her, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Are you cold?" He whispered over to her so he didn't wake their friends up

"A little" Alya admitted running her hands together to try and create some friction and warmth

James stood up and walked over, sitting down beside her. Gesturing for her to open the blanket Alya did so letting James join her underneath it. He gathered Alya in his arms tightly, rubbing her arms in hopes of warming her up.

"Better?" James asked her expectantly, looking down at her with a soft smile

"Yeah" Alya nodded, "though you could of used a heating charm"

"I prefer it this way" James smirked at her gathered in his arms

"Charming" she joked in response looking up to him before turning her attention to the fire and resting her head on his shoulder.

James played with a stand of her hair, twirling around his finger as they sat in silence while Alya looked at the fire and James looked at her.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" James asked breaking the comfortable silence

"Is it safe to I mean-"

"There's no one around here for miles. We'll be okay" James reassured, standing up and holding his hand out to pull Alya up.

She took it as he hauled her up. While the walked towards the waters edge James made no move to retract his hand, instead intertwining his fingers with hers. Alya glanced at him from the corner of her  eyes to see a pink blush across his cheeks and a smile  across his lips he was trying to hide.

The water lapped against their feet as James let go of Alya's hand, rolling up his trousers to prevent them getting wet. Her retook her hand in his drawing circles as he swung their arms back and forth as they walked.

As Alya kept glancing at James from the corner of her eye she couldn't help but notice the way his hair would tousle and blow in the gentle breeze coming off from the sea. His face was still pink as he seemed a little flustered.

James had noticed that Alya had been glancing at him and it had made him extremely nervous. He, James Sirius Potter, was holding hands with Alya Hazel Hill in the moonlight on the beach. He couldn't believe it. It was all he ever wanted.

"Alya" James stared pulling them to a stop, "I know I always joke and laugh about me liking you all the time. I'm sorry, it must of been all very confusing for you but I wanted to say I do genuinely really like you. I do, even when it seems like I don't care. I do, I really care. And I don't want you say anything but you take in what I'm saying and understand me. I'm not joking, I never have been. I was just too immature to show my feelings any other way. So I'm apologising for my horrendous way of dealing with my emotions"

Alya did as she was told and didn't say a word.

She nodded with a smile, squeezing James' hand before standing up on her tiptoes and wrapping her arms around James' neck hugging him

James let out a breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding in as he nestled his head into Alya shoulder, her hair ticking his face.

"Thank you for telling me James. I needed to hear it" she whispered into his chest before pulling back and leaning towards him, placing a soft kiss to his cheek.

She laughed quietly at James' frozen face that seemed to be stuck in a shocked expression.

She relinked their hands and pulled James along back across the beach and back to their friends.

———————————————————————————
A/N

They're so fucking cute

I watched maze runner again and my obsession with Newt has come back 🧎🏻‍♀️

Also I started re reading Polar Attraction and had to stop. It's so embarrassing omg and the spelling and gramma mistakes are horrible. Why on Earth did I write Rosaleé that annoying. You all have horrible taste in fanfics

Not me shitting on my own book and character lmao