21"

The Potters household on Christmas morning was manic

James and Lily tested out their new brooms while Remus watched them from below happily flicking through his new books and stationary.

Every year Viola and Harry invited Professor McGonagall around for Christmas dinner as for many years she had spent it alone. Teddy had gone to celebrate with Victoire and the Weasleys meaning it was only the six of them.

Viola and Professor McGonagall stood in the kitchen preparing the food while Harry lingered around trying to help.

"Harry" McGonagall started, "you're getting in the way dear"

"Oh erm, sorry" Harry smiled sheepishly as Viola laughed.

Taking a seat across the room he watched Viola as she chatted with McGonagall. It was years later but he still couldn't tear his eyes away from her.

Lily came running in her hair wild from it being whipped by the wind.

"When did you get here?" She asked hugging McGonagall tightly who patted her gently

"Just now. Why didn't you go and clean up before dinner?" McGonagall suggested glancing over her hair, "and take James with you, I can only imagine the state of his hair as well"

"They'll all need to sort themselves out. They've got the Potter genes. Their hairs constantly a mess" Viola glanced over to Harry, "fortunately for me I'm blessed with Lupin and Devaux blood, consequently my hair is always perfect"

"That's not at all true" Harry smirked making Viola send him a glare

"Be quiet" Viola warned glancing to McGonagall discreetly

"Are you going to fix my hair then?" Harry asked looking at her expectantly

"No, you're not a child. Do it yourself" Viola quipped back as she called James and Remus to come back inside.

"Oh James!" Viola called "fix your hair it looks a state"

"Nah, it's fine I don't need to" he shrugged

"Alya's coming any minute"

"What?! I thought she was coming New Years!" He exclaimed bounding up the stairs to fix his hair

"Since when was there a change of plans?" Harry asked obviously

"There isn't. Alya's not coming" Viola hummed as McGonagall smiled in amusement

"Ohh" Harry nodded, understanding what Viola had done.

"That was quite evil mum" Remus laughed, "but I like it"

"Thank you very much Rem" said Viola walking over and kissing his head, "help your dad set the table?"

Remus and Harry had finished setting the table when Lily and James ran downstairs pushing each other out of the way.

"Where's Alya?!" Lily asked excitedly

"She's not coming" Viola spoke, "I lied"

"That's evil!" James exclaimed

"That's what I said" Remus inputted as he took a seat next to McGonagall

"Sit down, dinners ready anyway" Viola said taking a seat next to Harry and Remus while she sniggered at Lily hitting James around the head with a Christmas cracker.

"Why'd you do that?" James huffed as he rubbed his head

"I don't know" Lily shrugged, "felt like it. Your heads massive so it was an easy target"

"Can we please get along" Harry started as he tucked into his Christmas dinner

"Because you know all about getting along don't you Harry" McGonagall inputted looking from him to Viola

"We are getting along" James protested

"This is how we bond" Lily added

"By being mean to each other" Remus finished

———————————————————————————
A/N

This family the cutest