30"

Alya had managed to convince Professor Weasley and had redone her defence test and had revived it back a few weeks later

Alya had managed to convince Professor Weasley and had redone her defence test and had revived it back a few weeks later. She'd managed to bring her grade up to an O which she was extremely happy with.

"How on earth did you manage that?!" Roxanne exclaimed as Alya told them about it at the Ravenclaw Table as they ate dinner.

"Potter helped me" Alya shrugged

"Lily?" Daria asked as Alya shook her head

"Remus?" Amalie asked as Alya once again shook her head

"There's only one Potter left but surly it can't be-" Roxanne drifted off

"It was James?!" Daria exclaimed

"Yeah. He was actually very helpful" Alya replied, "he knows his stuff"

"Speaking off, there he is" Amalie said pointing to James as he sat down next to Frank and Nico. "Hey! Where are you going?!" She shouted after Alya as she started walking away

"To thank Potter"

Everyone in the hall seemed to stop what they were doing to watch Alya walk across the room to the Gryffindor table. Everyone but James followed her with their curious eyes. James, being oblivious as he was, didn't realise Alya was stood behind him.

Placing a hand on his shoulder she made her presence known, "Potter?"

James spun around suddenly at her touch and sound of her voice.

"Oh Hill! It's you" he fumbled out, still slightly in shock of that feeling of her hand on his shoulder

"Yep. It's me. I just wanted to thank you. You know, for the notes and everything. I got an O"

"I knew you could do it" He smiled, "you have to repay me now"

"Repay you?" Alya asked slightly skeptical

"Yeah. I've helped you now we're friends. Because that's was friends do?"

"Friends?" Alya questioned looking at his as if he'd grown three heads

"Yep" James grinned, "you have to repay me"

"Erm. Friends?"

"That's what I said. No hidden agenda"

"Er, okay then" she nodded hesitantly, "friends I guess"

James grinned to himself as Alya gave him one last nod before retreating back to the Ravenclaw table.

"Did you just friends zone yourself?" Lily asked from down the table where she'd been listening in

"I think he did Lils. I think he did" Nico nodded

"It's all part of my plan" James replied

"Oh merlin help us" Frank sighed as he rested his head in his hands.

"What was that about?" Amalie asked as Alya sat back down

"Well I thanked Potter and left. Though he kind of forced me to be his friend which was weird"

"I'm guessing you said no" Roxanne sighed

"I said yes actually" Alya replied casually

"What?!" Daria exclaimed nearly falling off her seat

"Yeah. He's been tolerable lately. He's helped me with defence and I feel a little bad about the Valentine's thing so I might as well"

"This is insane" Roxanne said exasperated, "has he confunded you or something?"

"Not that I know of" Alya shrugged, "I'm going to head out. I've got to reply to my mums letter. See you all in the dorms"

Roxanne, Amalie and Daria all watched Alya walk out confusedly as she left the great hall.

"What just happened?"

"No idea"

———————————————————————————
A/N

I've just realised If James was ugly we'd all be like... ew obsessive weirdo. But because he's hot we're just like "anything for you king James 😩"

Also I've seen comments saying that Alya's too mean or rude and tbh I'd do the same as her. One time this dude tried to chase me for six months and I nearly ended up fly kicking him across the maths classroom. I cannot imagine years of that shit.

But like I love you James. I'm sorry don't listen to me. You're my fav.