26"

Alya, Amalie, Daria and Roxanne all sat down at the Ravenclaw table for breakfast

Alya, Amalie, Daria and Roxanne all sat down at the Ravenclaw table for breakfast. The house elves had cooked Valentine's Day themed food and the girls didn't even want to know how they managed to make the fried eggs heart shaped.

As Alya sat down she raised her eyebrow as her usual coffee was already made in front of her. Just as she liked it. Beside it a small note tied with a ribbon that had looked as if the person who sent it had difficulty tying the bow. Pulling on the end of the ribbon it slipped off the note, falling into the table beside it.

Unfolding it she read the note to herself.

You're pretty

Happy Valentine's Day love

There was only one person who called her "love". The stupid pet name was so embarrassing, she hated it.

Suddenly the note ripped itself up in Alya's hands making her jump back in surprise as her friends watch in confusion.
Slowly a dark purple orchid started to appear before her on the table. Picking it up she studied it in her hands, spinning it around while she glanced at Amalie who also looked worried. A second note was attached to the stem.

Be my Valentines Hill

Meet me by the black lake in Ten minutes to start our day.

The most handsome boy at Hogwarts
JSP

Alya put her head in her hands trying to avoid the curious looks and snickers she got from the surrounding students.

"Who's that from?" Daria asked picking up the note and orchid

"Who do you think" Alya grumbled banging her head on the table.

"What are you going to do?" Daria asked reading the letter, "if you don't go and see him he'll just be waiting there for ages"

"I said I'd meet Winston any minute at the gates. He's taking me to Hogsmeade for the day"

"But James-"

"-isn't my Valentine's. Neither is he my friend, neither do I like him"

"But Alya-"

"No!" Alya cut Daria off, "I'm not seeing Potter. I don't know how many times I've had to tell him I don't like him. It's ridiculous really! I'm done with it all!" She exclaimed her temper rising as she glanced at the flower and note before her

"Fine" Daria sighed shaking her head, "I just feel like you might regret it is all"

"Trust me, I won't" Alya replied as she stood up from the table and made her way out of the hall to find Winston, leaving the orchid and note on the table as she went.

James squinted across the grounds trying to see if anyone was coming. He twirled the second flower, a daffodil, in his hands as he shuffled his feet nervously. The breeze ruffled his hair as his teeth started chattering. He'd worn his knew shirt Victoire had bought him especially for the occasion and cursed himself for not bringing a jumper. He had a whole day planned out with Alya. Visiting each special part of the castle, a small surprise at each.

He glanced down at his watch for perhaps the one hundredth time. It had been at least twenty minutes but Alya was still no where to be seen. James sighed shaking his head. Of course she wouldn't come. He was stupid to think that she would. Running a hand through his hair defeated he dropped the daffodil onto the floor and made his way back up towards the castle.

Walking into his dorm he flopped down on his bed while  Nico and Frank looked at him sympathetically.

"I'm sorry mate" Nico said slapping a hand on his shoulder

"Yeah, me too" Frank nodded

"It's alright. I should of seen it coming" James shrugged, "maybe I give up"

"Finally" Nico whistled as Frank shot him a look

"Don't give up" Said Frank, "maybe... dial it down a little bit. Treat her like a normal person. Stop messing around and actually show her you care you know?"

James sat up looking at Frank and thinking hard before nodding slowly, "yeah, okay"

———————————————————————————
A/N

James ily :(

It's the first day back from half term and back to online school and its kicked my arse.

My gcse pe coursework isn't even written in English. It literally doesn't even make sense

Yes I do gcse pe. Yes I'm one of those girls

No I'm joking, I'm not like them don't cancel me. I think you can probs tell, I write Harry Potter fanfic....

Anyways...