22.

"How long have you met my daughter?"

He remained calm even when her father looked at him as if he is a criminal. Technically, he is. Yerim on the other side looked worried but she couldn't do anything as she was forced to seat beside her father and Yoongi assured her with a small smile before answering his question. "Two months and a half"

"Two months and you have bring her home. I would have killed you here if I want, young man"

"Killing is a crime," he said before laughing inwardly at the word crime and continue," but your daughter is safe with me. Besides, her workplace is nearer to mine than hers. I guess it just increased your assurance of her safety."

Her father raised an eyebrow at his remarks, knowing the man in front of him was quite smart to outwit him but he remained strict. Who knows his daughter might just make this man play along with her act to cover the fact that she was sleeping with countless man before? He knew his daughter wasn't that wild, but he was too caught up with his ongoing investigation about the port and his daughter might use the advantage to play around.

"What did you do for work? For someone who can buy a house at such a private place, you surely are loaded"

"A businessman"

"You own a company?"

"I shared it with my friend. But I'm not the owner, more like a shareholder"

"What kind of company"

"Cargos. International and domestic"

"At the port?"

"Yes"

Then, they went to silence. Yoongi knew the man probably had something triggered in his mind about him working at the cargo. Of course he will, his team was the one who has been trying to dig in the port dark business but they failed so many times. Yoongi knew her father must be mad at the fact they couldn't stop the illegal work at the port, that he had to step in. Knowing how he was determined to take them down, Yoongi know he will be another problem to face. This time , it has become a major problem because Yerim was related to the officer.

"Do you perhaps hear any rumours about the port, Yoongi?"

"What rumours , sir?"

"Anything. It could be human trafficking, drunk driving or some other illegal business?"

"I'm sorry sir, but I guess I was too busy to pay attention to those rumours. International import and export is busy now"

"Fair enough. If you had time to hear rumours, you won't be able to buy this house"

Yoongi wasn't sure it was sarcasm or a compliment, but he smiled and looked at Yerim who had been silently glaring at her father. She never talked about her father, it was always her mother. He thought that the woman was with her mother the whole time, never knew that their parents were divorced. Seeing the ringless finger of her father, and how they weren't that close to each other was enough for him to know that the both of them weren't close.

"I should get going. My works is waiting for me. It's nice meeting you, Yoongi. Guess Yerim didn't make the stupid mistake her mother did before. And you young lady, update me everyday of your whereabouts. Don't act so stupid "

The glare in her eyes went away, replaced with a hurt stare but she nodded. It was better to swallow every hurt words than fighting back at him. Him walking himself out was enough for Yerim. Yoongi led him out but before he could close the door, the old man stopped him and looked dead into his eyes.

"I had a feeling this isn't our first encounter Yoongi"

"I believe you have saw me before around here. A police must be doing his daily patrol right?"

Her father was surprised that he attacked him with an logical answer and he was left nothing but only to nod. Once the door was closed and her father car drove away from his house, he walked straight to her and pulled her into his embrace. Yerim didn't quite understand why was he suddenly being like this but she hugged him back.

"I don't know why your father treated you that way, but that was too harsh"

She chuckled before looking up to him and smiled.

"What can you expect, his whole life was only with criminals and cases. The environment changed him. Besides, you did a great job answering his question"

"I'm your man for a reason. A smart woman for a smart man like me"

"I'm not smart?"

"You are smart Yerim, and gorgeous too"