28.

6 years and 2 months.

She had left him for six years, and life has been back to normal. He never show himself in front of her anymore and she never saw him anywhere again. It was as if he vanished to the thin air, but Yerim knew he is still here. Right after the broke up, she mustered the courage to meet Jungkook again since he didn't answered his call, and she thought he will be mad at her.

And he was.

"Who is- Yerim?"

He gloomy face meet him, and the tear stained cheek was enough to tell him that Yerim had cried all night long about something. He led her in his house and closed the door, waiting for Yerim to say something. She slowly turned to see him, eyes getting teary again and Jungkook was sure something was wrong.

"What happ-"

"You know something about Yoongi right?"

He shut his mouth, eyes looked at her in pure shock. How did she knew? Did Yoongi decided to tell her this early? Or did she accidentally knew about it? If it was the second, then how? Something must have slipped.

"Yes, I do. But how do you know about it?"

"So that's why you hated the idea of me dating him. That was the reason why you were so offended when I told you about my feelings towards him. If you know it was this dangerous, why you didn't tell me before? Why did you let me met him? Why did you-"

"Because you love him Yerim!," he shouted in rage and despair, making the woman jolted up in surprise at his sudden change of his voice. She looked deep in his orbs, and she saw how hurt her friend was. How he was in agony for letting her slipping away to the man, and the guilty consumed her so much that she resented herself.

"When you talked to me about him, you look so happy, the kind of happy that I never get to see when I was with you. Seeing how you like him so much, I couldn't make myself telling you the truth about him, adding that I was in no place to interfere between the two of you. Will you even believe me back then if I told you he is doing some illegal business behind his real works?"

"Of course I will-"

"No, Yerim, No. Don't bullshit me. You would never believe me, because you thought the reason I was so mad at the both of you is about my ridiculous feelings I had for you. Well that was true, but there was more reason for me to object the idea of you are together. Tell me, were you happy with him in those months you met him? Tell me, did the man who was uncapable to love and care for someone treat you so good that you are now crying this ugly?"

At this point, she had kneeled down to the floor and her palm covered her face. Her shoulders went up and down along with her muffled cries, regret and agony filled her heart but her mind was displaying the happy moments she had with him. The way he smiled at her every morning, the aftercare he did for her after every love making, and the nags and jokes he had whenever he bought her favourite snack, Oreo from the store. She was happy and in love, never knew the happiness will ended as soon as it started.

She never meant it when she said he could never love someone with his works, but she didn't expect the man to not say anything. As if he was admitting it. As if everything he had with Yerim was only a joke and no feelings were attached. He didn't stop her, didn't deny her, and never called her anymore. As if Yerim was no one for him, and she had to believe it that way to forget him slowly. She had to hurt herself in order to stop thinking about him again and again, but now she was breaking down in front of her bestfriend. A bestfriend she took granted for.

She was still crying when she could feel someone pulled her into an embrace and recognise the musky smell of Jungkook. The man was whispering soothing words to her, calming her down slowly as if he wasn't mad at her before. Yerim hugged him back, her tears now staining his shirt but Jungkook didn't care. The last time he saw her this vulnerable was when her parents divorce. Now, she was breaking down again, and it was because of a man. A man Jungkook will never be in her eyes.

"It's okay Yerim, cry as long as you want. I'm here"

"I won't go anywhere again, and you won't have to see him again"

And she didn't. Maybe Jungkook ask the older to never meet her again, or it was the man idea to never appeared in her life again. Her father had knew about her breaking up with Yoongi, but she took five months to tell him to prevent the man to suspect anything. Maybe she was too nice to let Yoongi continue his ugly deeds at the port, or maybe more than that. She wasn't sure why she tried to save his secret, probably because he is Jungkook friend and things will get uglier if the police know. Her father didn't suspect anything, taking the reason she broke up with him because he was getting busy and Yerim decided to end it.

Her father is still cracking the case, even when the case is already closed because they weren't lead to any good hint. It was already six years, but her father was still glued to his desk to the point he was starting to forget he had a daughter out there. Not that Yerim cared, it was better that way. She even told Jungkook about how he knew about Yoongi secret, even though she wasn't sure about it but Jungkook confirmed to her that it is him at the port, because Jungkook was there to hide Jimin car and spotted Yoongi and his brothers were handling some client.

She thought this year, it will be another year of her not meeting him again, but fate had another plan for them.

This time, there was no way Yerim nor Yoongi could run away from each other again.