47.

The kicking of her bump awaken her from her deep slumber, leaving a sigh from her lips. Opening her eyes slowly, she was greeted by someone beside her, his hands around the headboard while his legs were at the edge of the bed, making his figure slightly squeezed to her but that wasn't what Yerim was surprise at. It was the veiny hands touching the her bump, making the child in it kicking as if it realise the father was there.

"Did I woke you up?," His voice was soft, and his orbs stared deeply into her. If it was a romance drama, Yerim will love it. But there was no romance in them, even if she hoped for it.

"If you being here making it kicking, then yes"

He nodded before leaving his warm hand from the underneath of her shirt, but Yerim stopped him. He looked perplexed by her, but didn't say anything. "Touch it, the child likes you"

"Our child likes me"

Yerim face went red and her heart stir by his words. Little that she knew, the man heartbeat almost leaped out from his throat because of the warm feeling in him and the comfort radiated by her. Touching her bare skin, he makes circle at her bump and the kicking could be sense again, this time it caused Yerim body to jolt up with a chuckle.

He too, was smiling and for the first time there was no guilty hitting him to be this close to her. He was enjoying the warm skin of her sensed by the nerves in his palm, the faint kicking at every spot he touched as if the unknown gender of the child wanted to play with his father even before it was born. Yerim was now changing her position to sit beside him, and his arm that was resting at the head board now dropped to her shoulder,securing her so that they were close.

"It might be a boy"

"It might be a girl too"

"No way, it's too energetic for a girl"

"Don't be so gender biased, even you as a man prefer to sleep on your free time"

"It is called rest"

She chuckles and Yoongi let out a small smile. The kicking was still there, so Yoongi bend down his body so that his face was in front of her bump. The woman was startled at his action and Yoongi realized it.

"Can I?"

She gulped, shivers running down her spine and she wanted to say no, but at the end she nodded as her eyes looking intently on him. His warm breath hitting her skin, and when his lips touched the bump, her eyes went watery. It was a sight Yerim never expected him to do it, and she wanted the moment to be forever. It was the act of love that Yoongi was showing, even it wasn't for her.

He was never uncapable to be in love, and she regretted saying it to him.

His lips stayed longer than she expected and when he distanced his lips from her skin, his big palms stroked the bump before whispered.

"Don't be too active, your mother won't be able to sleep tonight"

Yerim looked away when his eyes went up to meet her, didn't realize how hard she was holding back her tears. Slowly pulling down her shirt to cover back the bump, he stood up to let the woman sleep. He then pulled the duvet to cover her again, and wanted to go away when she held his hand, making him stop.

"Thank you, that was amazing"

"It wasn't the first time isn't it?"

"It wasn't, but it barely reacted when I'm alone"

That caught him, how he spend his time outside more than being inside his own home, to prevent he loses his own mind for her. He had done what she asked, to care for the child and to be held responsibility for it, and that is exactly what he is doing now. Attending every a doctor appointment with her, buying all those pregnancy dresses, shirts, pants and even lingerie and making everything in the house reachable so that she won't harm herself when she's cooking.

Yoongi had done so much for her, and Yerim never said anything. But for a pregnant woman, what she wanted the most was a support from him.

That, Yoongi could never give her.

But for tonight, he wanted to break his own rules.

"Let me sleep with you, tonight"

She looked at him in surprised, thinking he was joking but he was dead serious. She nodded timidly before scooting away to let Yoongi lay beside her. It was the first time he had been in the same bed with her ever since the day they accidentally did it. He was in his his casual sleeping attire, a long sleeve black t-shirt with his sweatpants. Sneaking inside the duvet, he then pulled her closer to him which make Yerim body tensed up.

"I-I-"

"If I were to sleep with you for the sake of our child, being closer is a must"

"But you don't have to do this!"

"Don't tell me you haven't be craving for my scent and touch in your pregnancy, Yerim. I read facts and books, even the one you bought but never finished it till this day. Hormones will be kicking in, despite your weird desire for foods, you will be craving for everything that smells like me"

Now she was embarrassed. Yoongi knew more than her, and all of it was right. There was one time she just stood in his room to smell his masculine scent because she miseed him around even when they barely talk to each other. Now that he knew everything, it was the only chance for her to smell his scent to stop her weird craving for him. She was lucky enough her wicked desire wasn't easy enough to stir during her pregnancy. She read how some woman will really be clingy and touchy during their pregnancy. And Yerim wished that didn't happened to her.

They had boundaries, and Yerim didn't want to hurt him and herself anymore.

His hand reached the back of her head and pulled down to his chest, and the other free hand slightly held her waist, sometimes went down to touch her bump which the baby will kicked it faintly, earning a small smile from Yoongi. The kid was too active, and Yerim won't be able to sleep like this.

"I'll stop touching your bump. Now sleep. "

She nodded and she timidly grabbed a part of his shirt to a fist at his chest before closing her eyes. It was heaven to be in his arms, despite how hellish their marriage is. His scent invaded her nostrils and withing a second, she was slowly going to dreamland when before she had a hard time sleeping because of her pregnancy symptoms.

Yoongi was still wide awake, and when he hear the soft snores of his wife, he let out a sigh and closed his eyes. Kissing her hair several times before landing a long peck at her forehead, he drifted away to his sleep.

He too, doesn't want this to end.