24.

She looked at the police station with a displeased look before stepping in with a heavy heart. She never liked to step in her father work place but today, she was asked too. From the day she was born till today, never once her father had called her to come and Yerim knew it will be a big deal. Not just because he was worried about her and Yerim had a feeling that whatever her father will be saying is not good. Well it was never good, but no one knew it. Even Jungkook thought he was a nice man who is just strict to his daughter.

Once she was led in to his office, she knocked a few times before a stern voice calling her to come in. She entered the room and before she could closed the door back, her right cheek went in a contact with someone palm and because she never expected it to happen, the slap cause her to fall down to the cold tiles. She looked back to the abuser and saw it was her father, raging in fire with a file crumpled at his hand. "What are you-"

"I raised you to be at least a little bit smart from your mother and look at you, dating a criminal out of nowhere and embarrassing me at the best. Lee Yerim, how stupid are you?"

She was in bewilderment. A criminal? Where on earth her father had those kind of information? But that doesn't matter now. It was the fact that he called her stupid again and again which rage her up. Yerim eyes looked at him in pure hatred, how she wish the man should be killed by the shoplifter before. Now she's bearing the consequences of staying by hid side because the law said that his father is more tolerant than her mother.

Her thoughts were stopped when he threw those files straight to in front of her, her eyes spotted the word 'port' at the front cover. Why was her father dragging her into this case?

"Read it young lady. Read it until this piece clicked something in your mind that you can at least prove to be useful for once."

She took it in shaky hands, and read it. It was nothing bizarre, and she looked back at him. Standing up, she handed back the file to him which just cause him to get more mad and was about to slap her again when she held the doorknob behind her with a fear mixed with braveness in it.

"Slap me, and I'll open this door. Making everyone know your true colour. Would you want that father?"

"How dare you!"

"Then tell me! What did I do? Just what your case has its relation with me? If I were to know any relation between me and this, it is only because I'm a distraction and you hate distraction. So tell me what is it !"

"Min Yoongi had something to do with those illegal business at the port! Does that click you anything?"

"But your file says nothing about it"

Her father sighed before snatching back the file and throw it somewhere at the office. His eyes looked at his daughter in disbelief and sighed but he was still raging. "That man was spotted once or twice at the port at night and the night before I came for a visit, someone that looked like him was there. Don't tell me you are not aware that your boyfriend was not at home that night?"

"I know about it"

"What?"

"He had something to do at his company late at night, so I was aware he wasn't with me for a couple of hours before he came back. Does that answer you?"

"He's suspicious"

"Anyone who worked at the port works with no fixed time. Like you, to the point you abandon your family and left us alone for months. Do you have any questions?"

"Yerim-"

"Goodbye father. See you next time"

Walking out, she ignored her father calling him and headed outside with a suffocating heart. Once she was outside, she ran far away from the station with tears threatening to fall down from her eyes. Her father slap stings her cheek, but she couldn't care less. In fact, she was afraid. She was afraid because she lied. It was a lie that she knew about his whereabouts that night, but Yerim knew he wasn't there when she accidentally woke up 4 in the morning, seeing he wasn't beside her. She didn't bother to call, but she was worried.

When he was finally home half an hour after that, she smelled the car perfume from him and she still decided to believe him that he was in the car for a long time. She trusted him so much, but when her father talked about spotting him at the port, she was doubting her faith on him. If her father were to said the truth, then Yoongi really had something to do at the port. But if it was just pure business, he wouldn't have to lie about it. He could just tell her that she had something caught up there and she will still believe.

It was because he lied, that Yerim hated it. If he did lied to her, than whatever he business he did at the port was dark and Yerim wasn't supposed to know.

And if one day she might know about it, it will be that he is a criminal.