52.

"Hyung, don't overwork yourself.," Taehyung said slowly and grabbed his wrist but the man pushed him away while his eyes never left the file in front of him. It was his fault. He had let his guard down because the man had knew a lot about Yerim and him, including the pictures of the both of them exiting from the same club the morning after. He knew Jungshin was after him, and he might know sooner or later about his daughter but now things is twisted. Her father would take as far as getting rid of Yerim just to have him behind bars. Now that he wasn't tied with the law from his work, Jungshin might just get his hands dirty, even if it was his daughter.

"Go home, Taehyung. Taehee is alone at your house. Who knows that bastard might get her when you weren't there"

"You know yourself he wouldn't want to show his face in front of me after the child murder case"

Yoongi glanced at him who was eyeing him worryingly. The whole town knew about the poor child death. She was killed brutally and her body was found in front of the police station the next day which makes the whole town almost lost their trust to the police. Jungshin almost lost his job because of that which lead him to be so worked up to search for the murderer. What the old man didn't know that time was the child family had paid Taehyung to kill the murderer because they knew, the criminal would be free after a few years and will do the same thing again to other kids.

Death was only way for them to have revenge. Jungshin worked so hard for the case, neglecting his family that lead to divorce without knowing Taehyung had killed the wanted criminal just in one week. That was another reason Jungshin never want to encounter Taehyung face to face, let alone touch his belongings.

"You can ask me to kill him, Hyung. I still have my skills"

"I would have asked you to do it if he wasn't Yerim's father, Taehyung," he said weakly before leaning back to his chair and closed his eye for a while. He had a terrible headache now, his eyes is sore and his lips are dry. He had the feeling he will fall sick later, never thought it will be now. The younger realised this and sighed before putting down his palm at his forehead, and Yoongi didn't push him away. "You are burning, Hyung. Come on, let's go home. Your wife is at my place, have you forgotten?"

"Wait, what?," his eyes shot up in surprise before leaning forward to him, shocked at why Yerim is at his house. "What is she doing there?"

"Jungkook thought it will be safer for her to be there for a while. And you know my Aurora had been so bored at home that he refuse to see my face in daily basis anymore saying it is 'basic' which hurt my pride for a while. So you better take her home now before your fever is going up which I think it will be the moment you set your eyes at the files again"

"But-"

"Come on Hyung, let's go home"

"My work-"

"No,no work. Come, home we go"

At the end, Yoongi was dragged lifelessly out from his office with Taehyung gripped his wrist firmly to prevent him to turn back. If it was Jimin, the man will have walked out the moment he said 'let's go home' but again Taehyung wasn't his favourite. Even though they are practically bothers now.

"I thought you will be so thin like the first time I saw you. My brother did took good care of you right?'

Yerim smiled as they sat at her house balcony facing the ocean that night. It was calm and serene, but she found it funnier how the both of them are with baby bumps with a glass of tea. Taehee have some resemblance with Yoongi, but she was more cheerful then the man, a little bit livelier than her husband and she wonder how did she met Taehyung at the first place. For sure it wasn't some normal dating, assuming her husband workline was the same with Taehyung.

"He did, we don't fight that much anymore. He just keep on nagging about my health and so on. He got a little bit chatty now"

"He kind be quite annoying but he is really nice. A calm person even after what happened to him. Taehyung had told me he is overworking himself now because of an issue, I hope it isn't that bad"

Yerim eyes dropped down to the cup of tea in her hand. She knew well why he is overworking himself now. To conclude, he is trying his best to protect her from her own biological father. It will be simple if Yoongi had just throw her out from his life to prevent things getting heated up but he never did that. Even when they parted ways seven years ago, it was her who decided to end things.

Leaving her was never in his option, but she choose that option she thought it will be good for the both of them.

Now look where they are now?

"Anyway, have you decided a name for the girl?"

Yerim eyes looked up to Taehee who had a spark of delight in her expression. The woman smiled before shooking. She hadn't thought about it yet, but she hoped that Yoongi will to like to discuss about it with her. Even she knew the man will go with anything.

"We haven't yet-," she was cut off with a sound of the door unlocked and the both of them looked back just to see the smiling Taehyung and the clueless Yoongi. "Aurora! I'm home!"

"Here we go again"

Taehee mumbled to herself before standing up to greet her husband which the man grinned at the sight of her. He pulled her closer to him, his big palm caresses the covered bump and his gaze settle on the woman for a while before looking back at Yerim and Yoongi who looked at each other awkwardly.

"The both of you-"

"Come, let's go home. You need rest," was what Yoongi said before grabbing her wrist to his grip. He looked at the pair before speaking. "Good night you two, I'll see you tomorrow at work Taehyung"

"You sure going to come tomorrow?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

Before the latter could answer, Yoongi had led her to leave them and Taehee scoffed at how stoic her brother is. Mouthing a good night to Yerim who could only smile back, the pair looked at them before the door was close leaving them both there.

"Let's get you to bed, my Taerin needs some good sleep"

"You mean the mother"

"And her Peter too"

"You better stop calling yourself that when he's born later"