41.

"Yerim?"

A silky voice called for her when she squinted her eyes, dizzines attacked and she groaned. She tried to sit up but someone stopped her to do so, and she knew who it was. Jungkook smiled at her and pushed her down back to the bed, brushed the strands of her hair away from the face of the woman he once fall in love with. "Don't push yourself, you are still weak"

"Where are we?"

"Yoongi hyung house. You're in his sister bedroom"

It took her a few seconds to get major flashbacks at what happened and sighed. She had no energy to go and fight Jinri's father, nor freaking out that she's back in this house. But something did juggle in her mind, when did the man have a sister? Is it the same woman she saw with Jimin the other day?

"Jungkook- Oh? You're awake!," A cheerful voice interrupt them and they faced him. Yerim never saw him before, a man undoubtedly handsome with the permed hair and the rectangular smile. In his hand he hold a tray of some delicious food that Yerim suddenly got hungry she almost drooled. "Hi I'm Pe-"

"This is Taehyung hyung, Yoongi hyung sister husband," Jungkook cut him off, earning a whine from the said Taehyung that he wanted to look foreign towards Yerim. She smiled at the small bicker before another head popped out from the door frame with a smile too. Why is everyone being nice here?

"How you're feeling, Miss Lee? I hope you don't mind my stone bed. And I'm Taehee-"

"Aurora, she's Aurora"

The woman sighed before nodding, "-and yes you can call me that too. But please don't," she continued before pinching his arm making the man shrieked in suprise. Jungkook smiled at the couple before looking at Yerim who just grinned at them. It did make him at ease seeing her at least in peace for a while. He almost freak out when she fainted due to exhaustion and the stress. It's his fault too for not stopping her from getting mad at Seokjin.

Taehee took a sit beside her, and the smile never faltered from her face. She took her hand in hers, making Yerim looked up to her. "How long has it been?"

She must be the friend Jungkook said.

"Five weeks already"

"Yours and mine are close! I'm four!,"she said cheerfully but then regained herself. Guilt consumed her, knowing so well the woman never wanted the pregnancy. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be happy about it when you're not. It must have slipped from my mouth," she said slowly and Yerim shook. It isn't the woman fault this happen, and she has all the rights to be happy for the little life in her body.

"It's okay, it's not your fault," she answered sadly, and Taehee looked up to Jungkook and nodded. The pair need to discuss it and she shouldn't interfere. "I'll let you both talk about it. We'll be outside. It's nice meeting you, Yerim".

The woman nodded and walk out with Taehyung who is whining why they can't stay. Once they were left alone, Jungkook cleared his throat.

"Yoongi hyung is here"

The name dreaded Yerim and fear stricken her face. "I know it's too early to tell him, but it's now or never. And we discuss it with him what are we going to do-"

"He won't take part of any of this. Let's just go home," she cut him off. No way Yoongi will want to do anything with it, with her. Why is Jungkook so adamant with this? There's no good in telling him about it. All he will do is let her walk away, again.

"Yerim, I can't protect you from your father if he get to know about this. But hyung can, he always have ways. So we thought about it, and-"

He stopped, feeling like whatever he's going to say will break his heart into pieces. He keep telling himself that is the best for Yerim, but why a part of him denied the idea? He even almost spoke to Seokjin about it, that he can admit to her father that is his and he can take care of Yerim, the same way Seokjin took Chaerin in his life when Jinri wasn't even his. But Seokjin situation is different, and Yoongi is different.

Looking into Yerim deep orbs, he continued, "-it is the best if you marry him, Yerim. He agreed on this, only if you agreed it by yourself. Whatever you choose, I'll stay by your side so think about it."

There were silence from Yerim. Her ears couldn't believe it. Why would Yoongi marry her? It will be bullshit if he purely did it for love. If he do love her, then he was supposed to be here and tell her by his own lips. If he wanted to take responsibility for it, then he will have been remorseful for that night and talk to her eye by eye. What did he gain from doing this? Just why he is making things hard?

Father's retirement.

"So that's why he agreed on the marriage"

"Yerim? "

She chuckles deeply, hating the fact that Yoongi will use her in between his conflict with her father. He must have figured out that the retirement waa only a cover up for him to get in deep about the shady business of the port. Yerim knew it so well. There are times he visited the man just to be greeted by empty but messy house, a transparent board scribbled and Yoongi face with another unknown man was stick there. She understand all of it, but didn't want to interfere.

"You know that I won't abort it Jungkook. And you too know that if my father ever knew about this, he will ruined my life. Just like he did to my mother. If I marry him, maybe I can avoid those things"

Or maybe, I will be force to face it.

"Yoongi is smart, there must be something he wanted from this"

"You're right. There is something I want from you"

A deep voice interrupt them and the pair looked at it, Yoongi standing at the door frame with a stoic face. "I clearly have nothing to do with what you have there, but then the marriage may benefit me in some ways"

Jungkook glared at him, furious at how him was still thinking about himself rather than Yerim. But he didn't want to say anything, waiting for Yoongi to continue. "Choose Yerim, will you rather your life ruined forever, or facing your father wrath but still continue to live as a civilian?"

She was right, he is smart but she didn't get it. She thought he will asked her to spy on her father? The man saw how clueless she look and sigh. She still the same I guess,he thought before spoke again.

"Your father won't be able to touch you and your life once he knew you are with me. He may knew how to blackmail you, but he could never do it, not under my watch. Why you think I'm still free till now? Marrying me won't change your life Yerim. You are free to do anything with it, and I won't bother you. It also benefits me in a way that your father won't able to dig in more, afraid his reputation as high qualifed detective in this towm has a daughter married to some criminal. He might even be thinking the consequences if you spoke what actually happened in your family because if you don't do it, then I might do it. I know everything, Yerim."

Yerim eyes widen at the explanation and looked at Jungkook, realise the man had no idea at how Yoongi can think about all of this. Even went to depth of her family secret that if she ever talk it to anyone, it might ruin Lee Jungshin forever.

"You can call it a protection, Yerim. And what you have may protect me too. Just like your father, it took me so long to be here and I won't stop. But there's another reason why I did this"

Why I want to protect you from your father.

"You save me seven years ago, so I ought to save you back"

She looked in bewilderment, and then she realise what is he actually talking about. The lie she did to covered up Yoongi that night actually saved him, or she will be a strong alibi on what actually happened that night. If it wasn't her, Yoongi will be in jail right now. That time, the company still have some holes that are loose and one mistake will end up everything gone wrong. Now that the port is strong enough, Yoongi knew her father won't be able to do anything.

His eyes softened and spoke, almost came out as a whisper and said,"Thank you."

And that time, Yerim knew what she just had to choose for her life and the new form living in her.

"I'll marry you, if it benefits the both of us"