Introduction

Y/n was a lovely girl, most people say she would have been popular if it wasn't for her brother. Of course he didn't mean to, but he ended up pushing her into the shadows where she stayed. She liked the dark, it was typically quiet and not much drama. Another thing that set her different from other kids her age was her sexuality. Nobody knew of her sexuality, but it was hard for Y/n to make friends with girls who wanted to talk about boys because, well she wasn't really into boys, she was more into girls.

"We'll be just fine!" James exclaimed. "I don't know James, what if I don't make any friends." I complained. "I'm sure you'll be fine with making friends!" James said with a smile. We were certainly on the way to the platform to get on the Hogwarts Express. "You'll be fine love bug." Dad said "Ya, you'll be fine Y/n!" James exclaimed. "Would you quiet down!" I shouted. "Look who's being loud now." James said with a smirk. "I'll squish you like a bug James!" I exclaimed. "James stop picking on your sister." Mom said shaking her head. "She started it!" He complained. "If you don't stop it, I'll turn this car around!" Dad yelled. James let out a humph sound and went quiet. I looked out the window, laying my head on my palm as we drove past cars.

Once we got there I jumped out and grabbed my bags. "Now kids, you have to run through the barrier." Dad said pointing at a wall. "Dad, thats a brick wall." James said and folded his arms. "It's a portal James, just make sure no muggles are watching and go." Dad said quietly. James rolled his eyes and pushed his cart through the barrier. I watched as he disappeared. "Now your turn y/n." Mom said with a smile. "Can't I just go to a muggle school, I would make more friends there." I looked back at my parents helplessly. "Um excuse me, did you say muggle?" Asked a girls voice. I turned my head to see the most beautiful girl in the world, she had red hair that went just below her shoulders and emerald green eyes. "We did, do you need help?" Mom asked. "Well my mom and dad are muggles and we don't know exactly how to get to Hogwarts." She said in a hushed voice. "You just run into the wall in between platform 9 and 10. My daughter here has to go too, you can go together." Mom said. "Ok." The girl said cheerfully. The girl waved at who I could only assume was her parents. "It's right through here mum, I'll be going now, love you." She said giving her mom and dad a hug. She then looked at me and put her hands on her cart. "On the count of three. One.....Two.......THREE!" She exclaimed and ran to the barrier. I followed and closed my eyes as I grew closer to the brick wall. My body felt like it went limp, but within seconds I was back. I opened my eyes to see James drooling over the girl. "What took you so bloody long Y/n." James asked, not taking his eyes off of the girl. "We were helping..er..Lily." The girl interrupted. "Lily Evans, Nice to meet you Y/n." She smiled. "You're beautiful." James said. Lily scoffed. "Lily, meet my twin brother, James Potter." I said. "Well Y/n, say bye to your parents and then we can get on the train." She smiled. I gave mom and dad a hug and went to follow Lily. "Hey what about me!" James exclaimed. "No Potter!" Lily yelled back and pulled me into a compartment where we ran into a boy with dark greasy hair. "Sorry, could we sit with you?" Lily asked and the boy nodded. "What's your name?" She asked. "Severus Snape, And you?" He questioned, he seemed to be slightly lost in Lilys eyes. "I'm Lily Evans, and this is Y/n Potter." She smiled.

  We got to know the boy and became good friends with him. "What house do you want to be in?" I asked them. "Umm, I don't know what the houses are." Lily said. "Oh, well there's Gryffindor, which will most likely be my house because my entire family has been." I said with a smile. "I'm not entirely sure of the houses either, I know my dad was Slytherin, but my mom was a muggle so." Severus said and passed. "Well I promise to still be your friend if we're in different houses." I said and Lily smiled. "Me two." She said. "Thanks." Severus smiled.

  A tall woman, who held her hair up in a tight bun began to speak. "Now before we sit down you must be sorted into your houses. There is Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw. Let the sorting begin!."

James Potter got Gryffindor.

Y/n Potter to no surprise got Gryffindor.

Lily Evans got Gryffindor.

Severus Snape got Slytherin.

Sirius Black got Gryffindor.

Remus Lupin got Gryffindor.

Peter Pettigrew got Gryffindor.

Steven Moore got Ravenclaw.

Amy Pliss got Hufflepuff.

After the feast, Lily and I followed the head of the Gryffindor house to the portrait. She gave us the password and we walked in.

Later on in first year, James pranked Severus because apparently both him and Severus like Lily. Severus got mad and screamed at ME and told me I was a bloody traitor and he could never trust a person like me. He pushed me away from everyone I loved. Lily stopped talking to me because I jinxed Severus and James. I was also "too busy" for his friends to even talk to me, leaving me to do what I do best; hide in the shadows.