Chapter one

"If it isn't my twin!" James called as I walked into his compartment. "Oh, sorry." I said and went to turn around. "What do you mean sorry, sit with us." Remus smiled. I knew Remus's secret. He was my boy best friend, I only found out by accident when he was coming back from the full moon. He broke down when I asked what happened. "No thanks, I'm going to stick with the shadows, like I always do." I said and left the compartment. I opened the last compartment I could find and came face to face with the one person I hated the most. "Snape." I said coldly. "Play nice Potter." Came a voice that wasn't Snape's, however I recognized it almost immediately. "Lily." I said in almost a whisper. "You don't have to like me, you don't have to like Severus. But please leave us alone!" She spat. "Lily, Severus called y- It's too late Y/n. You can't just call me a Mudblood and think you would get away with it!" Lily hissed her voice cold. "But Lily it wasn't m-" "Just go." Lily interrupted. I turned with tears in my eyes. How could she think I would call her that. Severus is the one that called her that.

Flashback

"I can't believe you hang out with that stupid Mudblood!" Severus exclaimed. "What if I tell Lily what you called her you git!" I yelled and ran off to find Lily. When I found her, she had tears in her eyes and was being comforted by Snape. "Lily are you ok?" I asked forgetting how heated my blood was because of what Snape had said. Lily's eyes widened. "You, you called me an awful name and you want to know if I'm ok?!" She yelled. "I can't believe I was ever friends with you!" She yelled. Severus smiled at me from behind Lily's "Lily, Severus called you that not me!" I said. She just glared at me. "Yeah just put the blame on someone else. How could I think that you were any different from your brother. You Potters are nothing but arrogant toe rags!" She exclaimed and walked past me. I felt my own tears falling down my face. "Watch your back Severus, because I will make your life a living hell."

Present

  All the pranks that happened to poor old Severus were my idea. Nobody but me knew that, not even James.

"James, wouldn't it be funny to see Snape with pink hair?" I asked and the next thing you know, Snape walks into the great hall with pink hair. It was quite easy to influence my brother if you knew how.

  I didn't feel like eating so I just sat outside the portrait and waited for the head boy or girl to come and let us in. I soon found myself falling asleep.

  I felt a light shake and looked to see Lily shaking me. "HoLd oN LilY!" "Get up, I have to talk to you." She said and I quickly stood up. "I'm not forgiving you because frankly I still don't believe that Sev is the one that called me that name, BUT I want you to get James off my back." She said and sighed. "Really, I thought all of us Potters were arrogant toe rags Lily." I said. "Look, I know what I said was hurtful, but can't you forgive me, just get your brother off my back." She pleaded. "That doesn't sound fair." I said and folded my arms over my chest. "How?" She asked. "You can't forgive me for something I didn't do, but you want me to forgive you for something you did do?" I questioned. "You did do it Y/n." She ruffled her hair. "No I didn't, Snape did, he found you first and told you a different story then what actually happened!" I exclaimed. I didn't want to continue this argument any further so I just walked away, and to my dorm to get some sleep. I would have loved to accept her apology, but what's the point if she's still going to hate me after I help her.

  Lily wouldn't leave my mind, I thought about how much I wanted to do our hair or paint nails with her just so I could see her smile, or run around the castle and her hair would fly in her face making it hard for her to see, but she would still laugh. "Damn it lily!" I exclaimed. I jumped out of bed quickly and ran to my door, hoping to catch her before she went into her dorm. I opened my door as Lily was about to go into hers. "I'll help!" I said catching her attention. "Under one condition, you have to believe me. I don't want you to hate Severus, I just want my best friend back." I could barely see Lilys face, but the next thing I know, arms were around my neck and red hair blocked my vision. "That's all I wanted to hear from you, y/n." Lily said into my shoulder. She let go and smiled at me. "Thank you, and I'll be happy to be your best friend again." She smiled. I let out a huge sigh of relief. Now if I could get over this crush, everything would be perfect. "Good night Lils." I said and smiled after calling her that. "Night y/n/n." She said, a bigger smile found its way to my face. I was so relieved she was calling me that and not Potter. I walked back into my dorm, climbed into bed and went to sleep, the red head never leaving my mind.