Chapter Eleven

Remus and I joked around, ate chocolate, and talked about who we thought were gay. "James definitely." Remus said. "No way, have you seen the wa-I see what you did there." I said and pushed him. "Y/N!" I heard someone yell. I knew it was one of two people. Lily, yelling at me for skipping class, or James for not returning the invisibility cloak yet. "WHY WHERE YOU NOT IN CLASS!" They yelled again. "Fuck it's lily." I muttered making Remus laugh at me. "I'm sorry lils I wa—you should have been in class, McGonagall is goin to have your as-REMUS!" She exclaimed, interrupting herself upon seeing Remus. Remus looked at her with wide eyes. "You convinced her to skip didn't you!" She asked. "Your girlfriend isn't as innocent as she may seem." Remus said. "She isn't my girlfriend." Lily and I said at the same time. "Maybe not yet." Remus smiled. "REMUS!" I exclaimed. He laughed at me and stood up. "Well, I'd love to stay longer, but if lilys out of class then so is Sirius." Remus said and ran off, leaving me with the wrath of lily.

Lily gave me hell, she just scolded me and not even my puppy dog eyes worked. We where currently walking to the library. Severus caught lilys attention and she pulled me over to him, only for her to be pulled away by the Hufflepuff Amy. Leaving Severus and I alone. "You know what potter, why don't you go back to the shadows, everyone was happier with you there, even lily." I felt a ting in my heart. "Your lying." I said quietly. "I'm not." Severus said with a smile. "I won't, not till I hear it from lily." I said rudely. "Suit yourself, only trying to worn you." He said and plased a face smile on as lily came back over to us. "So what to do." Lily smiled. "We where going to the library." I said, trying to remind her. "Well ya, but now Sev is with us." She smiled. "Oh, well I still need to go to the library, you go on with Severus, I'll catch up." I smiled and she nodded. Did I go to the Library like I said I would, Nope. Did I ever go looking for them, Nope again. I sat in my room and did my homework that I had miss in class, that lily got me from class. "Severus is just trying to get under my skin." I said, trying to r myself. One of my dorm mates walked in, her name is Sarah. "Hey y/n." She smiled. "Hey Sarah." I responded. "I was wondering, do you ever hand out with Sirius?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. "I do, and no I won't help you talk to him." I said, returning my attention back to my book. "What about J— I'm not booking you up with my brother, bye." I said, not looking up from my book. Sarah left to room and an owl flew in. The owl dropped me a letter and it was from mum.

My dearest daughter
I hope you year has been good, you haven't been owling me as much so I figured you must have some new friends, why don't you invite them over for summer. Anyway I just wanted to cheek in
Love, Mom

I smiled at the letter, the last two years there was almost nothing else for me to do. So I sent my mum a letter every other day.

Dearest mom
I haven't made NEW friends persay, but lily and I started talking again so I've been spending all my time with her, schools been good so far, full of magic as usual. How's dad and you, what have you two been up to?
Love, Y/n

I sealed it and sent it off. "Y/N, JAMES IS DUELING SEVERUS IN THE PRACTICE PITCH!" Remus Yelled, slamming my door open. "Why!" I questioned. "Lily." Remus said quietly, but I heard him. We quickly ran to the pitch and I saw lily standing in between the two boys. "Get out of the way lily." James said, lowering his wand slightly so it wasn't pointed at her. "No, you need to leave Severus alone." She protested. "Lily if you don't move I'll move you." Severus said, and looked at a Slytherin boy with dark hair and grey eyes. I ran out in front of James and pulled my wand. "You want him you go through me first." I said lily stared at me. "Y/n." She said quietly. "Sorry lils, James may be a dick, but he's still my brother." I said, never braking eye contact with Severus. Suddenly I was thrown back. Remus, Sirius, Peter and a few other Gryffindor came out of the group of students and circled me. I noticed that the Slytherin boy had his wand pointed at lily. "EXPELLIARMUS!" I Yelled, disarming him and jumping from the group of Gryffindors around me to grabbed lily. I pulled lily into the 'circle of safety' because she didn't have her wand. Disarming spells, spells to embarrass the other side, and knock back spells where flying across the pitch. I jumped up just in time to hit Severus with a spell that trapped him in a bubble, but was the knocked back by a spell I couldn't hear over the students yelling spells. Lily grabbed my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. "You bloody idiot." She said Into my hair. "STOP THIS INSTANT!" Yelled Professor McGonagall. "Who started this!" She called out. We all pointed to Severus and James, with a few Slytherins points at me. "Mister Snape, Mister Potter, My office, that will be ten points from each student involved. I count ten Gryffindors, and eleven Slytherins. Very well then. I'll tally the points in my office, now get back to your dorms, except you Miss Potter, you go see Madam Pomfrey." She said and walked away with James and Severus. It wasn't till now that I noticed I had a gash on my head that was just pissing blood and a bloody nose. "When did you cut your head!?" Lily asked in a panic. "Must have been when that Slytherin boy hit me with that knock back spell." I said with a shrug. "And the bloody nose?" Lily questioned, pulling me to Madam Pomfrey. "Ummm, not sure." I responded.

"Poppy!" I called while entering the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey groaned. "What have I said about calling me poppy miss potter?" She questioned, turning to me with her eyes held closed. "I forget, But on a second note, I cut my head." I said and Poppy's eyes shot open. "Oh Merlin, why didn't you start with that!" She exclaimed. " I found it funny." I smiled and lily hit my arm. "Take a seat, I'll have you fixed up in a moment." She said and ran off. "You pulled me into the circle." Lily said and I looked at her like she was an idiot, which I didn't think at all. "Of course, you where wandless and the Slytherin boy had a wand at you!" I exclaimed. "There was a Slytherin on our side." Lily said with a smile. "Regulus, he helped us Gryffindors." She smiled again. "That good Right, he breaking out of his shell?" I questioned. "He listened to me." Lily smiled again. "Y/n, Regulus was also wandless, him and I where talking when I saw Severus and James. We left our wands on the ground by a tree." Lily said and looked at me with wide eyes. "Well, he's a brave boy, I'm surprised he wasn't a Gryffindor." I said and she nodded. Poppy came back an patched up my head.

As we walked out of the hospital wing lily intertwined her fingers with mine. I knew that it was more then just friends holding hands, but that's what it would look like from the outside.

Lily dropped me off like a baby in my dorm and kissed my cheek. "Now, I believe you have work to catch up on." She smiled. "I'd be caught up if my brother wasn't and idiot." I said making lily laugh. If you need any help you know where to find me." She said and left, walking to her own dorm and shutting the door behind her.